|Wholly owned subsidiary|
|Industry||Global media services to the broadcast media and video industries|
|Headquarters||Unterföhring Germany and Airport City Business Park, Israel|
|Avi Cohen, Chief Executive Officer|
MX1 is a global media services provider founded in July 2016 from a merger between digital media services company, RR Media and SES Platform Services, a media services provider for television broadcasters, production companies and platform operators based in Germany. This followed the acquisition of RR Media by SES Platform service's parent company SES. MX1 is wholly owned by SES.
MX1 developed a hybrid, cloud and on-premises solution named MX1 360 from which video and media services are provided. At the core of MX1 360 are three main service areas that enable all video and media solutions:
- Transform – shaping and organising of video and media content, including digitisation and formatting, localisation (language, advertising, graphics, etc), metadata management, and archiving
- Accelerate – tools to enhance viewers' experience, such as playout services (including cloud-based), preview preparation, multi-screen, VOD and catch-up services, hybrid and OTT video management, monetisation, content protection,
- Globalize – content distribution using a hybrid network optimising satellite, fibre and the Internet to reach the largest global audience.
Each day, MX1 delivers:
- Over 2,500 Television channels
- Over 8,000 hours of online video
- Over 500 hours of sports and live event
- Content to more than 120 VOD platforms
Additionally, MX1 manages the playout of more than 500 Television channels.
MX1 has 16 offices worldwide including six worldwide media centres in UK, US, Israel, Romania and at the headquarters in Unterföhring near Munich, Germany
- ↑ "SES Platform Services, RR Media Merge into MX1". Broadcasting & Cable.
- ↑ "RR Media, SES Platform Services merge as MX1". Advanced Television.
- ↑ "MX1 Reveals New Company Brand as a World-Leading Media Services Company". Yahoo Finance.
- ↑ "MX1 Unveils Complete Global Service Offering". Broadcast Beat.
- ↑ "IBC 2016: MX1 shows off complete global service offering". SVG.
- ↑ Solutions MX1 website. Retrieved September 28, 2016
- ↑ "MX1 Kicks Off A New Broadcasting Deal With IMG". Satnews.
- ↑ "SES Platform Services and RR Media are MX1". Via Satellite.