|Launched||January 17, 2011|
|Owned by||MTV Networks International & Ananey Communications Ltd|
|Headquarters||Tel Aviv, Israel, London, UK, Warsaw, Poland, New York, United States|
|Sister channel(s)||MTV Classic, MTV Hits, MTV Dance, MTV Rocks, VH1 Europe, MTV Live HD, Comedy Central Israel, Nickelodeon Israel|
|HOT (Digital)||Channel 26|
|HOT (Analog)||Channel 7|
- Prior to the launch of a 24-hour MTV Israel, the territory was previously served by a localized version of MTV Europe. In the early 2000s, MTV began to localize the European MTV feed in Israel featuring localized advertising and sponsorship.
- MTV Networks International signed a deal with Tel Aviv based telecommunications company Ananey Communications to launch MTV Baltic during the negotiations Ananey showed interest in launching a local MTV channel in Israel.
- MTV Networks International launched an on-demand channel found at MTV.co.il. This service launched on October 23, 2007.MTV.co.il featured localised advertising, sponsorship and translated shows. The On-Demand Music and Entertainment channel launched on October 23, 2007. During this tim MTV Europe continued to be available in Israel on cable and satellite television. While MTV.co.il served as an interactive music service.
- In 2008, MTV.co.il increased its localised programming featuring a local MTV News series and other music based programming. The channel also features two local presenters.
- In November 2009, MTV Networks Europe and its associated partner within Israel, Ananey Communications have announced that a twenty-four-hour Hebrew speaking channel will launch in the near future. It is expected that the channel will launch late 2010 or early 2011. Ananey Communications already hold a licensing agreement with MTV Networks Europe in relation to the local Nickelodeon within the region and promote other brands associated with MTV.
- MTV Networks International also host a localised version of Nickelodeon in Israel and promote other brands such as channel E!.
- As of January 2011, MTV Israel is now a 24-hour general entertainment channel and served online by mtv.co.il. The website reflects MTV's international themed website though in the Hebrew language.