|Launched||22 February 2004|
|Owned by||Viacom International Media Networks Europe|
576i 16:9 (SDTV)|
|Audience share||0.8% (Ireland) (February 2009, )|
Channel 220 (HD)
Channel 270 (+1)
|Virgin Media Ireland||Channel 701|
MTV Ireland is a 24-hour entertainment channel operated by Viacom International Media Networks Europe. The channel launched on 22 February 2004.
The channel features localised advertising and sponsorship for the Irish market. The channel also hosted local shows 'MTV News' and 'MTV The Festival Show'. The channel, which is based at the Viacom International Media Networks Europe headquarters in London also hosts a local office in Dublin. The channels identity was created by Image Now (previously Chemistry) supported by the 'MTV Sheep' campaign.
As of 1 July 2009, MTV Ireland shares the same on-air identity and content as other global MTV channels. On 1 July 2011 MTV Ireland changed its logo along with other MTV channels worldwide. The channel also airs a new on-air identity.
The channel started broadcasting in HD on Sky channel 237 on 13 February 2012.
As of January 2015, the MTV Ireland schedule now differs from MTV UK.
- MTV News
- MTV presents Oxygen
- World Stage
- MTV Push
- Euro Top 20
- MTV Making The Movie
- MTV At the Movies
- MTV Crispy News
- The Festival Show (also airs on Buzz TV)
- MTV Resident in Dublin (November 1999)
- MTV Crashes Dublin (March 2000)
- MTV Presents: Street Performance World Championship 2009
- MTV Presents: Oxygen 2009
- MTV @ Arthur's Guinness Day 2010
- MTV Presents Live in Belfast 2010
- MTV Music Week [Belfast) (November 2011)
- MTV Crashes Derry-Londonderry (September 2014)
- MTV Crashes Cork (November 2014)
- MTV Club Tour (2014)
- MTV Crashes Derry (Summer 2015)