LyN (game engine)
LyN engine is a video game engine developed by Ubisoft. It's designed to effectively scale on both old-gen and newer-generation hardware. The first game released featuring this engine was Rabbids Go Home and will serve many forthcoming games. For the Wii in particular, it maximizes the console's graphical capabilities without limiting the imaginations of the developers using it.
Games using the LyN engine
- 2009 - Turtles in Time: Re-Shelled
- 2009 - Rabbids Go Home
- 2010 - Red Steel 2
- 2010 - Raving Rabbids: Travel in Time
- 2011 - From Dust
- 2011 - The Adventures of Tintin: The Game
- 2012 - ZombiU
- TBA - Beyond Good & Evil 2
- Casamassina, Matt (2009-05-05). "Why You'll Love Rabbids Go Home". IGN. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- Matt Casamassina (2009-06-01). "E3 2009: Red Steel 2 Hands-On". IGN. Retrieved 2009-06-03.
- JC Fletcher (2009-02-19). "Ubisoft programmer lists 'Rabbids Go Home' on (raving) resume". Joystiq. Retrieved 2009-05-11.