Louisiana Hayride (film)
|Directed by||Charles Barton|
Charles Barton |
Manuel Seff |
Judy Canova |
|Music by||Saul Chaplin|
|Cinematography||L. William O'Connell|
|Edited by||Otto Meyer|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
|July 13, 1944|
Louisiana Hayride is a 1944 American comedy film directed by Charles Barton and starring Judy Canova, Ross Hunter and Richard Lane. It was made by Columbia Pictures rather than Republic, with whom Canova mostly worked during the decade. The film's art direction was by Lionel Banks and Walter Holscher.
- Judy Canova as Judy Crocker
- Ross Hunter as Gordon Pearson
- Richard Lane as J. Huntington McMasters
- Lloyd Bridges as Montague Price
- Matt Willis as Jeb Crocker
- George McKay as Canada Brown
- Minerva Urecal as Ma Crocker
- Hobart Cavanaugh as Malcolm Cartwright
- Hischak, Thomas H. The Oxford Companion to the American Musical: Theatre, Film, and Television. Oxford University Press, 2008.
- Hurst, Richard M. Republic Studios: Beyond Poverty Row and the Majors. Scarecrow Press, 2007.