List of game middleware
Middleware for games is a piece of software that is integrated into a game engine to handle some specialized aspect it, such as physics, graphics or networking. Game middleware is designed specifically to work for games.
- AI.implant – from Presagis, an AI authoring and runtime engine
- AiLive - a suite of game AI middleware
- Autodesk Gameware - from Autodesk, includes Scaleform GFx, Kynapse, Beast and HumanIK
- Euphoria - 3D human animation engine created by NaturalMotion based on Dynamic Motion Synthesis
- RAIN - from Rival Theory. Available on Unity, RAIN is a complete artificial intelligence character engine that provides solutions for behavior creation, automatic navigation mesh generation, movement, and animation control.
- SpeedTree - vegetation programming and modelling software products
- Havok - 3D physics engine
- Nvidia GameWorks - visual FX, physics, particle and fluid simulations
- xaitment - customizable and modular game AI software for navigation mesh generation, pathfinding, character behavioral modeling and more
- IKinema - games IK for customisation of animation and poses during game play
- Bink Video - video file format, video compression tools and playback library from RAD Game Tools.
- Umbra 3 - solution for visibility and occlusion culling
- Wwise - audio engine and authoring tools from Audiokinetic.