List of CNBC channels
This is a list of channels broadcast under the CNBC brand by NBC Universal and its affiliates around the world. Following on from the original United States-based channel, launched in 1989, European and Asian versions were established in 1995 and 96 respectively. Since then, sub-continental and local language versions of the channel have been created in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, many under a licensing agreement. At present, fourteen distinct CNBC channels exist worldwide, of which five are wholly owned by NBC Universal and a further four have NBCU as a minority stakeholder. A further channel, the Korean language operated SBS-CNBC, began broadcasting on December 28, 2009 in conjunction with Seoul Broadcasting System. Later, the Indonesian Language operated CNBC Indonesia, would be launched on 2017 in conjunction with Trans Media.
List of channels
|Class CNBC||2000[B]|| Class Editori (60%), Mediaset (20%),|
NBC Universal (20%)
|CNBC||1989||NBC Universal||English||Englewood Cliffs||United States, Canada|
|CNBC Africa||2007||Africa Business News||English||Johannesburg||Africa|
|CNBC Arabiya||2003||Middle East Business News||Arabic||Dubai||Arab World|
|CNBC Asia||1995[C]||NBC Universal[D]||English||Singapore, Mumbai||Asia, Oceania|
|CNBC Awaaz||1999||TV18 (90%), NBC Universal (10%)||Hindi||Mumbai||India|
|CNBC Europe||1996[E]||NBC Universal[F]||English||London||Europe, Arab World|
|CNBC Latin America||-||NBC Universal||English||Englewood Cliffs||Latin America|
|CNBC TV18||1996[G]||TV18 (90%), NBC Universal (10%)||English||Mumbai||India|
|CNBC World||2001||NBC Universal[H]||English||Englewood Cliffs||United States|
|Nikkei CNBC||1999|| Nikkei (51%), NBC Universal,|
TV Tokyo, Jupiter TV
|SBS-CNBC||2009||NBC Universal and SBS||Korean||Seoul||Republic of Korea|
|CNBC Indonesia||2017 (planned)||NBC Universal and Trans Media||Indonesia||Jakarta||Indonesia|
|CNBC Bajar||2002||TV18 (75%), NBC Universal and Zee Network(10%-25%)||Gujarati||New Delhi||India|
|CNBC Tamilan||2006||TV18 (25%), NBC Universal and Zee Network(65%-10%)||Tamil||Greater Noida||India|
|CNBC Bangles||2002||TV18 (75%), NBC Universal and Zee Network(10%-25%)||Bangla||New Delhi||India|
TVN CNBC started in 2007 and closed in 2014, in Poland. CNBC-e started in 2000 and closed in 2015 in Turkey. MBN-CNBC started in 2002 and rechanged mbn in 2005 and relaunched general channel Maeil Broadcasting Network in 2011 in South Korea, CNBC was also cooperated with etomato and Chosun Ilbo(now cooperate with Seoul Broadcasting System). CNBC Pakistan started in 2005 and became Jaag TV in 2013 in Pakistan.
The following channels are not independent operational entities, but rather sub-regional services operated by CNBC Europe and Asia. They largely show identical programming to the main pan-regional feed, but operate a localised ticker relevant to that particular area and in some cases air area-specific advertising.
|CNBC Australia||CNBC Asia||Has some opt-out slots from pan-regional schedule for additional airings of Australian programming|
|CNBC Benelux||CNBC Europe|
|CNBC Hong Kong||CNBC Asia|
|CNBC Nordic||CNBC Europe||Formerly aired some original programming|
|CNBC Singapore||CNBC Asia|
|CNBC UK||CNBC Europe||Airs some local advertising and formerly aired some original programming|
- A Those channels in which NBC Universal does not hold a stake are operated under a licensing agreement.
- B As CFN, later CFN/CNBC.
- C E Original launch date; merged with Dow Jones-owned competitors Asia Business News and European Business News in 1998.
- D F H Formerly co-owned with Dow Jones & Company.
- G As CNBC India.
- I Also airs some English-language programming from CNBC's international networks.
- "Annual Report 1995: Business Review: NBC" (Press release). General Electric. Retrieved 2007-07-16.
- "CNBC Preps Launch in South Korea". Adweek. 22 October 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- Ariens, Chris (22 October 2009). "CNBC Partners with SBS for Korean Biz Channel". TV Newser. Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- "CNBC and PT Trans Media Corpora announce Indonesia Partnership". CNBC.com. 10 January 2016. Retrieved 2016-05-10.
- Class CNBC: Class Editori: About Us, Class CNBC home page, Carter, Bill (18 April 2001). "CNBC Europe To Buy Stake In an Italian TV Channel". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- CNBC: About CNBC U.S.
- CNBC Africa: Behind The Scenes At CNBC Africa
- CNBC Arabiya: "Arabic Channel by CNBC". The New York Times. 19 May 2003. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- CNBC Asia: About CNBC Asia, "GE Annual Report 1995: Business Review: NBC". General Electric. Archived from the original on 2007-12-12. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- CNBC Awaaz: CNBC Awaaz home page, "Beyond News". Businessworld. Retrieved 2008-04-06., "TV18 increases stake in CNBC-TV18 channel from 49% to 90%". Indiantelevision.com. 14 August 2003. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- CNBC-e: CNBC-e contact details, "Glocalization" - a Case History: Commercial Partnerships and Cooperation between Turkish and American Satellite Broadcasters
- CNBC Europe: About CNBC Europe, "CNBC Europe launches". Broadcasting & Cable. 18 March 1996. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- CNBC Pakistan: About CNBC Pakistan, CNBC Pakistan case study, DMA Media
- CNBC-TV18: "Times, TV 18 to launch new channels". Rediff.com. 15 April 2005. Retrieved 2008-04-06., "TV18 increases stake in CNBC-TV18 channel from 49% to 90%". Indiantelevision.com. 14 August 2003. Retrieved 2008-04-06., CNBC-TV18 contact details
- CNBC World: About CNBC World, "GE Annual Report 2001: Business Review: NBC". General Electric. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- Nikkei CNBC: "Nikkei CNBC Launches In Japan Today" (Press release). Nihon Keizai Shimbun. 1 October 1999. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- TVN CNBC Biznes: "TVN GROUP AND CNBC ANNOUNCE NEW BUSINESS CHANNEL IN POLAND" (Press release). CNBC Europe. 10 July 2007. Retrieved 2008-04-06.