Lindsey Way in 2008
|Birth name||Lindsey Ann Ballato|
|Also known as||Lyn-Z|
May 21, 1976|
|Genres||Industrial rock, electronica, electropunk|
|Labels||The End, Uppity Cracker|
|Associated acts||Mindless Self Indulgence, My Chemical Romance|
Early life and career
Way was born in Dunoon on May 21, 1976. On October 22, 2012 she made a post on Twitter regarding her heritage, claiming to have been adopted and to be of French and Indian descent. On November 13, 2010, she presented her artwork collectively entitled "HUSH" at the Dark Dark Science Gallery in a joint exhibit called "Smile Even If It Hurts" with friend and fellow artist Jessicka. Way contributed a piece to the South Park 15th Anniversary Art Exhibition at Opera Gallery in New York.
When she joined Mindless Self Indulgence, she was not actually able to play bass—after she had told a bouncer a lie about being able to play, she received a call from the manager of MSI during her first art show asking her to audition. After listening to MSI's album, she learned to play bass from a friend. However, she felt that "there [was] no way that [she] was going to get into this band from bass talent alone" and so pulled a stunt; during the song "Tornado" in her audition, she drank a Bacardi she had hidden in her bra, pulled a match from her hair, struck it on her bass, and blew fire around the room, earning her the part.
On September 3, 2007, she married Gerard Way. In 2009, Lindsey gave birth to her daughter, Bandit Lee Way.
- "Lindsey Way, About". lindseyway.com. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "lynzway on Twitter". Retrieved 2015-05-25.
- Pettigrew, Jason. Alternative Press Q&A: Mindless Self Indulgence's Lindsey Ballato and Scarling's Jessicka Addams plan art exhibit November 10, 2010
- "Lyn-Z Interview: TasteItTv". TasteItTv. April 27, 2008. Retrieved November 21, 2015.
- "Lyn-Z Interview: TasteItTv". TasteItTv. TasteItTv. April 27, 2008. Retrieved November 21, 2015.
- Official website
- Mindless Self Indulgence official website
- Lindsey Way's profile at last.fm
- Lindsey Way on Twitter