Legends of the Hidden Temple (film)
|Legends of the Hidden Temple|
Legends of the Hidden Temple by|
David G. Stanley
Scott A. Stone
Alex J. Reid
|Directed by||Joe Menendez|
|Composer(s)||Paul E. Francis|
|Country of origin||United States and Canada|
|Production company(s)||Pacific Bay Entertainment|
|Original release||November 26, 2016|
Legends of the Hidden Temple (also known as Legends of the Hidden Temple: The Movie) is a live-action TV movie inspired by the mid-1990s game show of the same name. The film follows three siblings who ditch a jungle tour and find themselves undergoing a real-life obstacle course with the help of Kirk Fogg and Olmec. The film premiered on Nickelodeon on November 26, 2016.
Three siblings, Sadie (Isabela Moner), Noah (Colin Critchley), and Dudley (Jet Jurgensmeyer), go on a jungle tour to the 'Hidden Temple' theme park where Kirk Fogg, now as a tour guide, works there. Noah has been fascinated by the legends of the seemingly Hidden Temple and has been wondering if he could get inside to explore it, much to his sister Sadie's annoyance. Along with his little brother Dudley, the boys go to the restricted area where the secret entrance to the temple is believed to be. Sadie, seeing this, tries to stop them, but she accidentally steps on the trapdoor that sends them to the temple itself.
Inside the temple, the kids are welcomed by none other than the keeper of the Temple, Olmec who once was a king. Olmec tells them the whole story: Olmec planned to make his son, Prince Zuma as a successor to the kingdom, but his evil brother Thak and his army of Temple Guards attempted to kill Zuma and make himself king, so King Olmec had no choice but to turn the entire civilization into stone. Noah believes that he, Sadie & Dudley are the only ones who can restore the kingdom back to its former glory, so Olmec instructs them to find both half pendants of life in the Room of the Ancient Warriors and the Treasure Room, but warns them of the dangers that might lurk around the temple.
Jet Jurgensmeyer was cast as Dudley, the youngest of the three siblings, who has the ability to talk to all animals except snakes. Kirk Fogg, the original host of Legends of the Hidden Temple, the 1990s game show on which the film is based, returns as a fictionalized version of himself, working as a tour guide. Colin Critchley and Isabela Moner also appear in the film. Voice actor Dee Bradley Baker, also from the original game show, will be reprising his role as Olmec.
- Stanhope, Kate (July 23, 2016). "Comic-Con: 'Legends of the Hidden Temple' Team Previews Darker, "Scary" TV Movie Revival". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 4, 2016.
- Steinberg, Brian (March 1, 2016). "Nickelodeon to Revive 'Legends of the Hidden Temple' as TV Movie (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved July 13, 2016.
- "Nickelodeon Greenlights Legends of the Hidden Temple Live-Action TV Movie". Nickelodeon. March 1, 2016. Archived from the original on July 13, 2016. Retrieved July 13, 2016.
- Sage, Alyssa (March 23, 2016). "'Legends of the Hidden Temple' Host Kirk Fogg Returning for Nickelodeon Reboot". Variety. Retrieved June 13, 2016.
- Elizabeth, De (October 6, 2016). "'Legends of the Hidden Temple' Movie Trailer Debuts from Nickelodeon". Teen Vogue. Retrieved October 6, 2016.
- Bryant, Jacob (March 4, 2016). "TV News Roundup: Julia Louis-Dreyfus Producing HBO Miniseries, 'Legends of the Hidden Temple' Reboot Casts Young Star". Variety. Retrieved July 13, 2016.
- Bryant, Jacob (March 8, 2016). "Nickelodeon's 'Legends of the Hidden Temple' Reboot Casts Young Lead". Variety. Retrieved July 13, 2016.
- McClendon, Lamarco (June 22, 2016). "TV News Roundup: 'Legends of the Hidden Temple' Revival Brings Back Original Olmec; Brian Austin Green Joins 'Rosewood'". Variety. Retrieved July 13, 2016.
- Mitch Metcalf (November 30, 2016). "Top 150 Saturday Cable Originals: 11.26.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved November 30, 2016.