Latin Rhythm Airplay
The Latin Rhythm Airplay chart comprises singles and tracks from artists who represent the Hispanic rhythmic/Hurban genre, which includes Reggaeton, Hispanic R&B/Hip-Hop, Rhythmic Pop/Dance and crossovers from English-language and/or bilingual acts. This chart was introduced in 2005 and came about as a result of radio stations tapping into the growing second and third generation Hispanic audience who wanted a Spanish-speaking or bilingual alternative to the (English-language Mainstream, Rhythmic, and R&B/Hip-Hop) formats that they felt would represent them. The chart goes through a rotation and is posted every other week taking place of the Latin Tropical Airplay. Only a number of female artist have been able to reach the top ten of the chart, these include reggaetón singer Ivy Queen, who has currently has seven top-ten, two of them number-one singles, Nina Sky, who appeared on Tony Touch's "Play That Song", Latin pop singers Shakira and RBD, and American R&B singers Beyoncé Knowles, Cassie, and Keyshia Cole.
Billboard Latin Rhythm Airplay year-end charts
- 2006: "Down" by R.K.M & Ken-Y
- 2007: "Sola" by Hector "El Father"
- 2008: "Te Quiero" by Flex
- 2009: "Me Estás Tentando" by Wisin & Yandel
- 2010: "Dile al Amor" by Aventura
- 2011: "Danza Kuduro" by Don Omar and Lucenzo
- 2012: "Bailando Por El Mundo" by Juan Magan featuring Pitbull and El Cata
- 2013: "Limbo" by Daddy Yankee
- 2014: "6 AM" by J Balvin featuring Farruko
- 2015: "El Perdón" by Nicky Jam featuring Enrique Iglesias
Billboard Latin Rhythm Airplay decade-end chart
Artist with the most entries
- (51) — Wisin & Yandel
- (45) — Don Omar
- (41) — Daddy Yankee
- (37) — Pitbull
- (32) — R.K.M & Ken-Y
- (2) — Belinda
- (2) — Anahí
- Ben-Yehuda, Ayala (2007-03-31). "The Ladies of Latin Hip-Hop: Reggaetón Divas Look For A Breakthrough". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2012-11-29.