La que no podía amar
|La que no podía amar|
|Created by||Delia Fiallo|
Ana Brenda Contreras
|Opening theme||"Te dejaré de amar" by Reyli|
|Ending theme||"Corre" by Jesse y Joy|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||
166 (Original Version) |
162 (International Version)
|Executive producer(s)||José Alberto Castro|
|Location(s)||Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Chiapas, and Mexico City, Mexico, D.F.|
42–45 mins (eps 1–155)|
23–24 mins (eps 156–165)
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Original release||August 1, 2011 – March 18, 2012|
|Preceded by||La fuerza del destino|
|Followed by||Amor bravío|
Monte calvario (1986)|
Te sigo amando (1996)
La que no podía amar (The One Who Couldn't Love) is a Mexican telenovela produced by José Alberto Castro for Televisa. Ximena Suarez wrote the script based on the original story by Delia Fiallo. The cast was headed by Jorge Salinas, José Ron and Ana Brenda Contreras as the main protagonists, While Susana González, Julián Gil, Fabian Robles, Ana Bertha Espín and Mar Contreras as the main antagonists. It is a remake of Delia Fiallo's original radio novela, La Mujer Que No Podia Amar. The previous television versions were Monte Calvario (Edith González, Arturo Peniche and José Alonso) and Te sigo amando (Claudia Ramírez, Luis José Santander and Sergio Goyri). La que no podía amar won 2 awards in Premios TVyNovelas, for Best Lead Actor, and Best Supporting Actor.
Ana Paula lives in Chiapas where she is studying nursing; her devotion for sick people came up while she took care of her ill mother throughout her long agony. When she was about to graduate, she met Bruno, Rogelio Montero’s lawyer. Bruno offered her a job nursing his boss who became paralytic and got stuck in a wheel chair after having an accident. The pay is good so she takes the job in order to financially support her aunt Rosaura, who has been like a mother to her and her brother Miguel ever since they were kids.
Ana Paula arrives in the “Hacienda Del Fuerte” to look after Rogelio and she is surprised to learn that he is a bitter, resentful man mostly because Vanessa, his shallow fiancée, left him after the accident.
In the hacienda also lives Cynthia, Rogelio’s sister, who is in fact kept there by her brother since he forced her to stay and take care of him in exchange for keeping the lifestyle she is used to have. To avoid boredom, she began an affair with Efraín, the Hacienda’s foreman; he actually falls in love with her, but she is only using him for fun. With them also lives their nanny, María, who has always acted as a loving mother to Rogelio and Cynthia, and who is not able to ever leave them.
Rogelio’s arrogance and bad mood make it very difficult for Ana Paula to work with him, so one day she decides to quit. She has an accident in the river and she is rescued by Gustavo Durán, a handsome and good hearted engineer. They fall in love but their plans are frustrated when Gustavo has an accident with his father and Ana Paula believes he is dead.
Rogelio has also fallen in love with Ana Paula, so he sends Bruno to look for her and ask her to come back to the hacienda. At first she refuses, but afterwards, when Miguel causes an accident that could send him to jail for life, Rogelio offers to help him if Ana Paula agrees to marry him. She accepts the sacrifice just to help her brother, and so she marries Rogelio. Gustavo comes back looking for Ana Paula but Rosaura, considering the marriage of her niece with Rogelio as the solution to all her financial problems, decides to lie to Gustavo, telling him that Ana Paula is not interested in him anymore. Gustavo feels disappointed and decides to forget her.
After returning to the Hacienda, the life of Ana Paula as Rogelio’s wife is a living hell, one she had never imagined. She will have to deal with Cynthia’s humiliations and envy; she will also have to manage her brother’s problems, as well as Bruno and Rosaura’s greed. And on top of that, she will meet again with Gustavo, the love of her life, knowing that perhaps, he may never be for her...
|Jorge Salinas||Rogelio Montero Baez|
|Ana Brenda Contreras||Ana Paula Galván Flores de Montero|
|Susana Gonzalez||Cynthia Montero Gómez|
|José Ron||Ing. Gustavo Durán Esquivel|
|Ana Martin||María Gómez|
|Ana Bertha Espín||Rosaura Flores Nava|
|Ingrid Martz||Dr. Daniela Gutiérrez|
|Julián Gil||Bruno Rey|
|Fabian Robles||Efrain Rios|
|Paty Díaz||Macaria de Hernandez|
|Osvaldo Benavides||Miguel Carmona Flores|
|Mar Contreras||Vanesa Galván Villaseñor|
|Alejandro Ávila||Ernesto Cortés|
|Michelle Ramaglia||Consuelo Herrera|
|Anaís||Mercedes Durán Esquivel|
|Germán Gutiérrez||Ulises Hernández|
|Elena Torres||Rocío "Chío"|
|Humberto Elizondo||Federico Galván|
|Ignacio López Tarso||Fermin Peña|
|Jorge Aravena||David Romo|
|Elizabeth Dupeyrón||Elsa Villaseñor de Galván|
Broadcasts in México and United States
From August 1, 2011 to March 2, 2012, Canal de las Estrellas started broadcasting La que no podía amar weeknights at 7:15pm, replacing La fuerza del destino. From March 5 to March 16, 2012, Canal de las Estrellas aired half-hour episodes of Amor Bravío at 8pm after La que no podia amar. The last episode was broadcast on March 18, 2012, with Amor Bravío replacing it the following day.
Univision confirmed a prime time broadcast on November 11, 2011. From January 2 to February 3, 2012, Univision aired La que no podía amar weeknights at 9pm/8c, replacing La fuerza del destino. On February 6, Univision started broadcasting La que no podía amar weeknights at 10pm/9c, as part of their prime-time programming changes. The last episode was broadcast on August 10, with Amor Bravío replacing it on August 13.
Univision's January 2 premiere of La que no podía amar averaged 4.1 million viewers.
|# Ep.||Premiere||Finale||TV Season|
Awards and nominations
|2012||People en Espanol Awards|
|Best Telenovela of the Year||José Alberto Castro||Won|
|Best Actress||Ana Brenda Contreras||Nominated|
|Best Actor||Jorge Salinas||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Susana Gonzalez||Won|
|Best Supporting Actor||José Ron||Nominated|
|Best Female Villain||Ana Bertha Espin||Nominated|
|Best Male Villain||Julián Gil||Nominated|
|Best Couple||Ana Brenda Contreras and Jorge Salinas||Won|
|Best Telenovela||La que no podía amar||Nominated|
|Best Lead Actress||Ana Brenda Contreras||Nominated|
|Best Lead Actor||Jorge Salinas||Won|
|Best First Actress||Ana Bertha Espin||Nominated|
|Best Co-star Actor||José Ron||Won|
|Best Musical Theme||"Te dejaré de amar" by Reyli||Nominated|
|Best Original Story or Adaptation||La que no podía amar||Nominated|
- Televisa's La que no podia amar
- Univision Television Network. "Univision Presents a Tale of Unrequited Love, Betrayal and Triumph with the Premiere of "La Que No Podía Amar'". corporate.univision.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- Bárbara Morán. "Lista de ganadores de los Premios TVyNovelas 2012" (in Spanish). entretenimiento.starmedia.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- Chrystian Galicia. "Descubre a los ganadores de los 'Premios TVyNovelas 2012'" (in Spanish). Televisa.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- Cirze Tinajero and Arturo Perea. "'La que No Podía Amar' regresa a la pantalla por tercera vez" (in Spanish). entretenimiento.terra.com.mx. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- Tania Caballero. "Gran final de 'La fuerza del destino' por Televisa.com" (in Spanish). televisa.esmas.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- Ashbya Meré. "'La que no podía amar' compartirá horario" (in Spanish). televisa.esmas.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- Liliana García. "Comienzan la faena; hoy se estrena 'Amor Bravío'" (in Spanish). zocalo.com.mx. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- Doña Maruja. "La que no podía amar :¿te gustó Ana Paula?" (in Spanish). novelasyseries.univision.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- María Elena Venant. "Llega "La que no podía amar" a Univision" (in Spanish). novelasyseries.univision.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- "Univision te da más de lo que quieres ver" (in Spanish). Univision.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- "Avance del capítulo 152 de La Que No Podía Amar: "Te voy a pelear lo que me corresponde" (in Spanish). Univision.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- Bill Gorman. "Premiere Of "La Que No Podia Amar" Delivers 4.1 Million Viewers For Univision". tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- Amanda Kondolojy. "Univision Reaches 8 Million Viewers with Finale of 'La Que No Podia Amar' and Outperforms ABC, CBS, and FOX". tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- "La que no podia Amar gran estreno rating". novelalounge.com. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "La que no podia Amar gran final rating". novelalounge.com (in Spanish). Retrieved November 20, 2015.