|• Total||5.58 km2 (2.15 sq mi)|
|Elevation||700 m (2,300 ft)|
|• Density||500/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Kouachra is located in Akkar District, near Al Qoubaiyat about an hour's drive from Tripoli. The village is situated on flat terrain at an altitude of 700–800 meters (2,300–2,600 ft) above sea level. The village has a small artificial lake.
Kouachra has a population of about 2,800 people, mostly of Sunni Turkish origin. And most of its residents are farmers.
The villagers support the Future Movement political party.
Owing to its Turkish ethnic identity, the village was visited by the Prime Minister of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, in 2010 and has received Turkish developmental assistance and funding, including university scholarships in Turkey.
- "Syrian Turkmen flee to Lebanon's Turkish village". World Bulletin. 6 December 2013. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- Oytun Orhan (February 2010). "THE FORGOTTEN TURKS: TURKMENS OF LEBANON" (PDF). Center for Middle Eastern Strategic Studies. p. 8. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- "Kouachra". Localiban. 3 June 2015. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- George Taylor (1971). The Roman Temples of Lebanon: A Pictorial Guide (2 ed.). Dar el-Machreq Publishers. p. 166.
- "Kaweishra: A Turkish village in Lebanon". Anadolu Agency. 4 December 2013. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- "Municipal and ikhtiyariah elections in Northern Lebanon" (PDF). The Monthly. March 2010. p. 21. Archived from the original on 3 June 2016. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- TULAY KARADENIZ (28 Aug 2014). "Turkey's Erdogan consolidates power with ascent to presidency". Reuters. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- PATRICK GALEY (24 Nov 2010). "Turkish PM urges Israeli apology during Lebanon trip". Hürriyet Daily News. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- "Turkey extends aid to Turkmen refugees in Lebanon". ANADOLU AGENCY. 15 January 2015. Retrieved 28 June 2015.