Kenfig Hill RFC

Kenfig Hill RFC
Full name Kenfig Hill Rugby Football Club
Nickname(s) The Mules
Founded 1897
Location Kenfig Hill, Bridgend
Ground(s) Croft Goch Playing Fields
Chairman Howard Phillips
Coach(es) Paul Yardley,Rhodri Clarke and Darryl Harvey
League(s) WRU Division One West
2009-2010 3rd[1]
Team kit
Official website

Kenfig Hill Rugby Football Club is a rugby union team from the village of Kenfig Hill, South Wales. Kenfig Hill RFC presently play in the Welsh Rugby Union Division one west. The club is a member of the Welsh Rugby Union and is a feeder club for the Ospreys.[2] The club fields a First, Seconds, Youth and Junior teams.

A club was first founded at Kenfig in 1897, though not taking the name Kenfig Hill RFC at the time. In 1914 the club, like many teams in the area, went into liquidation, but reformed after the First World War, playing from Croft Goch Playing Fields.

Kenfig Hill RFC has seen several players progress to represent Wales and the British Lions, including Welsh captain, Jack Bassett.

Club honours

Notable former players


  1. WRU official site
  2. BBC News (2004-07-08). "Wales' regional rugby map". BBC. Retrieved 2008-10-06.

This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 10/20/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.