|Scoville scale||50,000–175,000 SHU|
Kambuzi is a small, round chili pepper cultivar that is indigenous to the central region in Malawi, a landlocked country in southeast Africa. It comes in a variety of colors including yellow, red and orange. It is used to make condiments and turned into sauces, or sandwich spreads. Their flavor is similar to that of the Habanero chili.
The name translates to mean "little goat" peppers, as goats are known to munch on their leaves.
- Goetz, P.; Jeune, R. (2012). "Capsicum annuum et Capsicum frutescens Piment". Phytothérapie. 10 (2): 126–130. doi:10.1007/s10298-012-0691-4.
- Adams Media. The Spicy Vegetarian: More Than 200 Fiery Snacks, Dips, and Main Dishes for the Meat-Free. "F+W Media, Inc.". p. 227. ISBN 9781440573262. Retrieved 7 May 2016.
- Kambuzi. Kambuzi.wordpress.com (2010-06-14). Retrieved on 2011-03-21.
- Food : TFM, Malawi Online Store. Treatsfrommalawi.com. Retrieved on 2011-03-21.
- Kambuzi Chilli products, buy Kambuzi Chilli products from. alibaba.com. Retrieved on 2011-03-21.