International Affiliation of Writers Guilds
|Full name||International Affiliation of Writers Guilds|
The International Affiliation of Writers Guilds is an international trade union federation representing guilds of professional screenwriters and playwrights. Some affiliates also belong to national trade union federations.
The IAWG strives to ensure that fair royalties and residuals are collected by enforcement of copyrights. If a member of one guild emigrates to another country or the movie or play is exported, member guilds automatically recognize their membership through reciprocal agreements.
A core function is the registering of scripts to verify original authorship. Most affiliates also have annual award ceremonies to celebrate accomplishments in the craft.
Full members guilds
- Irish Playwrights and Screenwriters' Guild (A local union of SIPTU, http://www.script.ie/)
- New Zealand Writers Guild (Also affiliated with NZCTU, http://www.nzwritersguild.org.nz/)
- Société des Auteurs de Radio, Télévision et Cinéma (French-Language Writers in Canada, http://www.sartec.qc.ca/)
- Writers Guild of America, East (Writers in the New York area, Also affiliated with AFL-CIO, http://www.wgaeast.org/)
- Writers Guild of America, West (Writers in LA/Hollywood, http://www.wga.org/)
- Writers Guild of Canada (English-Language Writers in Canada, http://www.wgc.ca/)
- Writers' Guild of Great Britain (Also affiliated with TUC, http://www.writersguild.org.uk/)
Associate member guilds
- Sección de Autorres y Adaptadores de Cine (Writers in Mexico)
- Union-Guilde des Scénaristes (Writers in France, http://www.ugs-online.org/)
- Federation of Scriptwriters in Europe
- Union Network International