The film is also known as White Coats.
|Directed by||Dave Thomas|
|Produced by||Josh Miller|
|Written by||Dave Thomas|
|Edited by||Doug Forbes|
First Look Home Entertainment|
Intern Academy is a 2004 Canadian comedy film written and directed by Dave Thomas. It has several alternative titles including working titles An Intern's Diary, Whitecoats and Interns. In Canada, its English title is Intern Academy, while its French title is Médecin en herbe. The US DVD title is White Coats. Its Italian title is "L'ospedale piu' sexy del mondo," literally "The Sexiest Hospital in the World".
Run by administrator Dr. Cyrill Kipp, the hospital only manages to stay open because Kipp sells the hospital's equipment on the black market.
During on-the-job training taught by Dr. Olson, interns brave blood, vomit and exploding colostomy bags. The students include Mike Bonnert, whose parents are physicians, Mitzi Cole, who works as a stripper to pay her way through school, and the innocent Christine who loses her inhibitions when intoxicated.
Mike discovers that his girlfriend, Mitzi, became sexually active with another intern. They begin to fight in the morgue, using human organs as weapons. They are caught and expelled from St. Albert's. But when a 76-car pile up occurs, they return to ER to help the patients. One patient, who was saved in an emergency surgery, was a billionaire, and saves the hospital from going bankrupt.
- Peter Oldring as Mike Bonnert
- Pat Kelly as Dale Dodd
- Viv Leacock as Marlon Thomas
- Ingrid Kavelaars as Mira Towers
- Jane McLean as Christine Lee
- Christine Chatelain as Mitzi Cole
- Lynda Boyd as Cynthia Skyes
- Carly Pope as Sarah Calder
- Dave Foley as Dr. Denton Whiteside
- Dave Thomas as Dr. Omar Olson
- Dan Aykroyd as Dr. Cyrill Kipp
- Maury Chaykin as Dr. Roger 'Tony' Toussant
- Matt Frewer as Dr. Anton Keller
- Saul Rubinek as Dr. Sam Bonnert
- Sue Huff as Dr. Susan Bonnert
- Rochelle Loewen as Buxom Nurse
- Intern Academy at the Internet Movie Database
- Intern Academy at AllMovie
- White Coats at Rotten Tomatoes