I've Got No Strings
"I've Got No Strings" also known as "I Got No Strings" is a song from Walt Disney's animated film Pinocchio sung by Dickie Jones as Pinocchio. He dances with several types of puppets including a Dutch puppet (and several Dutch girl puppets), a French puppet (and a few grinning cancan dancing girl puppets), a Russian puppet, and Cossacks (all voiced by Patricia Page, Mae Questel and Mel Blanc). The music was written by Leigh Harline, the lyrics were written by Ned Washington. The song was published in 1940.
- Barbra Streisand recorded "I've Got No Strings" for her 1965 album My Name Is Barbra with a 1960s arrangement by Peter Matz.
- Gipsy Kings covered "I've Got No Strings" (in flamenco style with lyrics mostly in Spanish) for the 1991 Disney video and compilation album Simply Mad About the Mouse. This cover is included on their 1999 compilation album ¡Volaré! The Very Best of the Gipsy Kings.
- Alvin and the Chipmunks and The Chipettes recorded a pop cover for their 1995 Disney-themed album When You Wish Upon a Chipmunk.
- The song was used to open NSYNC's No Strings Attached concert tour as the boy band descended from the rafters onto the stage.
- Rapper Immortal Technique sampled the song on his 2003 single "Freedom of Speech" from the Revolutionary Vol. 2 album.
- The song is covered in a commercial for Beats By Dre featuring cameos by many actors and artists such as Pharrell Williams, Amber Rose, Rebel Wilson, Nicki Minaj, and Steve Buscemi."
- Diana Ross and The Supremes recorded "I've Got No Strings" and a few other Disney cover songs for the album "The Never-Before-Released Masters". The album was released in 1987
A slower, darker, more ominous version of the song was played in the Avengers: Age of Ultron teaser footage shown at the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con International, and the official teaser trailer which was released in October 2014. In a dark parallel of Pinocchio, the character Ultron (voiced by James Spader) compares himself to a puppet who has broken free of his controllers and quotes the entire first verse throughout the movie.
In Legends of Tomorrow, when the protagonists learn that their actions have been manipulated by the Time Masters, Captain Cold sacrifices himself to destroy the source of the Time Masters' power as he rejects the idea that he is anyone's puppet, his last words being to proclaim "There are no strings on me".
- Pinocchio at the Internet Movie Database
- Barbra Streisand Archives: Records| My Name is Barbra album.
- NSYNC - No Strings Attached on HBO
- Beats By Dre Presents : "Got No Strings"
- All About That Mind-Blowing 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Footage From Comic-Con 2014
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer is here: What we learned