Cover of the first tankōbon volume as published by Shueisha
|Original run||January 1986 – May 1987|
|Directed by||Takahiro Miki|
|Written by||Taku Tsumugi|
- Kazuki Miyaichi (Rena Nōnen)
- Kazuki's mother (Yoshino Kimura)
- Hiroshi Haruyama (Hiroomi Tosaka)
- Tōru Tamami (Ryōhei Suzuki)
The film was number-two on its opening weekend, behind Stand By Me Doraemon, with ¥389 million in Japan. It earned a total of ¥2.47 billion (US$22.9 million) at the Japanese box office, becoming the 9th highest-grossing Japanese film released that year in the country and the 15th highest-grossing film of the year in the country.
- "Taku Tsumugi's Hot Road Shōjo Manga Gets Live-Action Film". Anime News Network. 2013-10-17. Retrieved 2013-11-13.
- "Live-Action Hot Road Film's Trailer Streamed". Anime News Network. 2014-05-30. Retrieved 2014-05-31.
- Kevin Ma (2014-08-19). "Doraemon takes second weekend in Japan". Film Business Asia. Retrieved 2014-08-23.
- "２０１４年 （平成２６年） 全国映画概況" (PDF). eiren.org (in Japanese). Motion Picture Producers Association of Japan, Inc. Retrieved October 31, 2015.
- "Japan Yearly Box Office 2014". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved October 31, 2015.