Go Go Gophers
|Go Go Gophers|
George S. Irving|
|Country of origin||USA|
|Running time||30 minutes|
Go Go Gophers is a western/comedy animated series that originally appeared on the Underdog series from 1966 to 1968 before being briefly spun off as a separate series on CBS in 1968 and 1969. The show also shared with "Space Kidettes" on Saturday Morning Television, in 1967.The show was produced by Total Television.
The series is set in the late nineteenth century, as well as the early 20th century, as well, in the American west. There the coyote leaders of a local United States Army fort, one Colonel Kit Coyote (voiced by Kenny Delmar impersonating Theodore Roosevelt), whose name is an obvious parody of Kit Carson, and his right-hand man Sergeant Okey Homa (voiced by Sandy Becker impersonating John Wayne) who is rarely called by his name, which is a send up of the State of Oklahoma. They make attempts to secure the town of Gopher Gulch by wiping out the last two surviving Gopher Indians (depicted as anthropomorphic gophers): Running Board (voiced by George S. Irving) and Ruffled Feathers (also voiced by Sandy Becker). However, the Gophers prove to be very clever and always manage to foil the plans of Colonel Coyote and Sergeant Oakey Homa. Whenever they came up with an idea to stop their adversaries, Ruffled Feathers would break into gibberish as he tried to explain it and Running Board always seemed to understand what he was saying. They are also aided by Colonel Coyote's own incompetence and ineptitude, and also by his constantly ignoring the advice of Sergeant Homa, who is much more perceptive.
- He's for the Berries - Colonel Kit Coyote falls asleep and dreams that he has eaten some berries that made him large.
- Swamped - Colonel Kit Coyote and Sergeant Oakey Homa try to rid itself of the Gopher Indians only for their army to get stuck in a swamp.
- Tanks to the Gophers - Colonel Kit Coyote gets a new tank to deal with the Gopher Indians.
- Up in the Air - Colonel Kit Coyote and Sergeant Oakey Homa take to the air with a rickety airplane to drop bombs on the Gopher Indians.
- The Big Banger -
- Bold as Gold - Due to the discovery of gold, homesteaders have started to move out West. The Gopher Indians do everything they can to keep them away before they take up the Gopher Indians' land.
- Who's a Dummy - Using their skill of carving totem poles, the Gopher Indians paint exact replicas of themselves to fool Colonel Kit Coyote and Sergeant Oakey Homa.
- Tapping the Telegraph - The Gopher Indians tap the telegraph to send it to the Colonel and Sergeant.
- Termite Trainers - The Gopher Indians use a termite to turn the fort into sawdust.
- Medicine Man -
- Mesa Mess -
- Cleveland Indians - Colonel Kit Coyote takes the Gopher Indians to Cleveland so that they can meet the Cleveland Indians. The Gopher Indians also get familiar with the city life where their antics end up annoying some of its citizens.
- Gatling Gophers -
- Introducing General Nuisance -
- Trojan Totem -
- Moon Zoom - Running Board and Ruffled Feathers build a moon rocket in order to send Colonel Kit Coyote to the moon.
- Indian Treasure -
- The Carriage Trade -
- Honey Fun - Colonel Kit Coyote and Sergeant Oakey Homa compete with the Gopher Indians to get more honey.
- The Colonel Cleans Up - Using a big vacuum, Colonel Kit Coyote plans to clean up Gopher Gulch of the Gopher Indians.
- The Raw Recruits -
- Tenshun -
- Cuckoo Combat -
- The Ironclad - Borrowing the Navy's latest warship, Colonel Kit Coyote tries to clean up Gopher Gulch
- Amusement Park - The Gopher Indians take over an amusement park.
- Crash Diet - The Gopher Indians create a fake telegram to make Colonel Kit Coyote lose weight.
- Wild Wild Flowers - Aunt Flora comes to the fort and plants flowers on the Army's weapons.The Sergeant Oakey Homa is absent the first three episodes.
- Look Out! Here Comes Aunt Flora - The Colonial prevents Aunt Flora from coming to the fort.
- Root Beer Riot -
- Tricky Teepee Trap - Colonel Kit Coyote and Sergeant Oakey Homa build a tee-pee to trap the Gopher Indians.
- Three Ring Circus -
- Don't Fence Me In - Colonel Kit Coyote and Sergeant Oakey Homa build a gate around Gopher Gulch but they get locked out.
- Locked Out - Colonel Kit Coyote orders Corporal Crimp to get the key,The Gopher Indians play a trick on Corporal Crimp.
- Hotel Headaches - Colonel Kit Coyote brings the Gopher Indians to the hotel,The Gopher Indians damage the hotel's property.
- Choo Choo Chase -
- Rocket Ruckus -
- Go Go Gamblers -
- Radio Raid -
- The Steam Roller -
- Mutiny a Go-Go -
- Marooned on Cannibal Island -
- The Indian Giver -
- The Big Pow-Wow - Colonel Kit Coyote and the army break their weapons,The Gopher Indians gather their Indian friends and start a war.
- Back to the Indians -
- California Here We Come -
- Blankety-Blank Blanket - The Gopher Indians get a new blanket by robbing a stagecoach.
- The Great White Stallion -
- Kitchen Capers -
- Go Go Gophers at Don Markstein's Toonopedia. Archived from the original on April 13, 2013.
- Go Go Gophers at the Internet Movie Database