Theatrical release poster
Ollie E. Brown
|14 May 1986
Robin Crew (Olivia d'Abo) is a high school student who used to be a champion gymnast until she suffered a knee injury in the car accident which killed her father. She continues to train on her own and makes her school's gymnastics team, despite outside pressures from her step-father and the other gymnasts. Robin does, however, receive support from her mother and her new boyfriend (Keanu Reeves), as the crucial gymnastics meet approaches.
Production and release
Filming took place from October 1984 until December 1984. The film was first screened at the 1986 Cannes Film Festival. That year, it was released theatrically in its native Canada on September 12, 1986. Sometime after its theatrical release, it was released on video in the United States by Cinema Group Home Video and in Canada by Cineplex Odeon.
The movie is assumed to be public domain as it has been released on VHS and DVD several times from different distributors since then.
- Olivia d'Abo - Robin Crew
- Rita Tushingham - Jean Stoller
- Keanu Reeves - Tommy Warneki
- Jessica Steen - Carly Simmons
- Renee Murphy - Leah Kilbourne
- Sean McCann - Jack Crew
- Samantha Langevin - Marge Crew
- Nicole Logan - Gillian Crew
- Samantha Logan - Stacy
- Anthony Kramreither - Mark Sanderson
- Denis Simpson - Fred Stoner
- Eugene Clark - Roy Teler
- Louis Tucci - Leo