Erik "The Red" Denmark (born about 1980) is an American competitive eater and a member of the International Federation of Competitive Eating. He currently lives in Seattle, Washington and is nicknamed after Erik the Red, the Viking who founded the first Nordic settlement in Greenland.
Competition and records
Denmark competed in the 2007 Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest, placing 14th and eating 26 hot dogs with buns in 12 minutes. He placed 11th in 2006 eating 22 hot dogs.
- Native American fry bread: 9.75 fry breads in 8 minutes, October 28, 2006
- Hamburgers: 45 Krystal hamburgers in 8 minutes at the 2007 Krystal Square Off Finals, October 28, 2007
- Shrimp: 4 lb 15 oz spot shrimp in 12 minutes, September 22, 2006
- "Joey Chestnut Beats Kobayashi, Brings Mustard Yellow Belt Back to America". 2007-07-04. Retrieved 2007-07-05.
- Erik Denmark - Bio at the International Federation of Competitive Eating website