|Origin||Huntington Beach, California, United States|
|Years active||2007–present (hiatus)|
Emblem3 is an American reggae pop band from Sequim, Washington, consisting of brothers Wesley and Keaton Stromberg, and Drew Chadwick. In 2013, they signed with Simon Cowell's record label Syco Records and Columbia Records after finishing fourth on the second season of The X Factor USA. They have since been dropped from their record label.
Due to Chadwick's different musical visions he left Emblem3 in June 2014. A year later, both Keaton and Wesley started separate musical projects, leaving Emblem3's future uncertain. In September 2015, Emblem3 appeared at The Janoskians movie premiere, causing speculation that the three had reunited. Their reconciliation was later confirmed by the band on Twitter. On November 3, 2015, Emblem3 made a private announcement to fans who had signed up to their website, revealing they were working on a new album to be released in 2016, with a tour to follow. On February 1, 2016 Emblem3 released their first single titled "Now" since getting back together. On February 14, 2016 the band released the name and dates for its new tour.
In September 2016 Wesley announced Emblem3 is branching out as individuals temporarily and stated it was not a break up.
While attending middle school in Sequim, Washington, Drew Chadwick and Wesley Stromberg began doing sessions together as American Scholars. At the time, Keaton Stromberg, Wesley's brother was only nine and was not a part of the band, but was working on his own home recordings and would watch Drew and Wesley work. While Wesley had moved to Huntington Beach, California with his girlfriend, Chadwick spent high school moving up and down the West Coast, eventually joining Wesley in Huntington Beach. Keaton enrolled in a nearby art school and moved to California to join them. They released an album, Bite Your Lip and Take It under the name The American Scholars, which they produced in their basement. After going through many names, the trio settled on "Emblem3" while in Huntington Beach. They performed locally along the Sunset Strip.
2012: The X Factor
In 2012, Emblem3 auditioned in San Francisco for the second season of The X Factor USA, singing an original song called "Sunset Blvd", written by Chadwick. During bootcamp, they sang "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls and at judges' houses, they performed "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" by The Police. They were then selected to go on to live shows.
Emblem3 performed "One Day" by Matisyahu during their first live show on October 31. In addition they were selected as the first group to enter the top twelve by Simon Cowell. On the second live show on November 7, the group performed their version of "My Girl" by the Temptations and "California Gurls" by Katy Perry with "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction as the background track. After the second live show the group was ranked sixth based on the fan votes and made it to the next week's live shows. On the third live show, they performed "No One" by Alicia Keys and were ranked fourth by the fan votes moving on to week five. On the fourth live show on November 21, 2012, they performed "Secrets" by OneRepublic and were ranked again 4th by the American public. For the fifth live show, they performed "I'm a Believer" by The Monkees and were ranked third. On the sixth live show, the group performed two songs: the first one, chosen by their mentor, was "Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars; the second song, chosen by the fans in the Pepsi Challenge, was "Forever Young" by Alphaville. The group was once again ranked third overall by the fans' votes. In the semi-finals, they performed "Baby, I Love Your Way" by Peter Frampton as their own choice and "Hey Jude" by The Beatles as Cowell's choice. They were eliminated on the result show and placed fourth.
Performances on The X Factor
Emblem3 performed the following songs on The X Factor:
|Audition||Free choice||"Sunset Blvd"||Emblem3||N/A||Through to bootcamp|
|Bootcamp 1||Solo performance||"Iris"||Goo Goo Dolls||Through to bootcamp 2|
|Bootcamp 2||Group performance||Not Aired||Through to bootcamp 3|
|Bootcamp 3||Duet performance||Through to judges' houses|
|Judges' houses||Free choice||"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"||The Police||Through to live shows|
|Week 1||Made in America||"One Day"||Matisyahu||16||Saved by Simon Cowell|
|Week 2||Songs from movies||"My Girl/California Gurls/What Makes You Beautiful"||The Temptations/Katy Perry/One Direction||4||Safe (6th)|
|Week 3||Divas||"No One"||Alicia Keys||11||Safe (4th)|
|Week 4||Giving Thanks||"Secrets"||OneRepublic||3||Safe (4th)|
|Week 5||Number-ones||"I'm a Believer"||The Monkees||8||Safe (3rd)|
|Week 6||Unplugged songs||"Just the Way You Are"||Bruno Mars||2||Safe (3rd)|
|Pepsi Challenge songs||"Forever Young"||Alphaville||8|
|Semi-final||Contestant's choice||"Baby, I Love Your Way"||Peter Frampton||3||Eliminated (4th)|
|No theme||"Hey Jude"||The Beatles||7|
2013–present: Nothing to Lose and upcoming second album
The trio began to record their debut album, Nothing to Lose, in December 2012. It was released on July 30, 2013. The lead single from the album is "Chloe (You're the One I Want)". The second single off the album was "3000 Miles". They also toured to promote their music in their "Goin' Back to Cali Tour" that took place in April 2013.
On December 5, 2013, Emblem3 had their homecoming performance on X Factor, singing "Just for One Day." After their performance, they announced their first national headlining tour, "#Bandlife."
Emblem3 released their first EP titled Songs from the Couch, Vol. I on June 2, 2014 independently.
On June 20, 2014, the band announced on their website that band member Drew Chadwick was leaving the band to pursue a solo career. The duo released their first EP without Chadwick called Forever Together on October 27, 2014.
In September 2015, Drew rejoined Emblem3 and the band began working on new projects.
On November 3, 2015 the band made a private announcement to fans signed up to their website revealing that they were working on a new album for released in 2016, with a tour to follow.
On February 1, 2016 Emblem3 released a new song titled "Now" on YouTube as a tribute to their fans and their past. Drew Chadwick rapped, Wesley Stromberg sang the chorus, and Keaton Stromberg sang background vocals as well as producing the song.
Emblem3 was set to perform at One Love Fest but has since dropped out and Drew Chadwick is the only one of Emblem3 performing. Wesley announced on September 23, 2016 he is making a solo album and Keaton his helping him make it. Wesley also stated Emblem3 is branching out as individuals but it is not a break up.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Sales|
|Nothing to Lose||7||6||8||21|
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|Songs from the Couch, Vol. 1||
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Sales||Album|
|2013||"Chloe (You're the One I Want)"||93||67||7||25||87||93||Nothing to Lose|
On Dec 16, 2014 Wesley and Keaton under the name Emblem3 released a song with the duet Jack & Jack called "Cheat Codes"
Awards and nominations
|2013||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Music: Breakout Group||Emblem3||Won|
|Teen Icon Awards||Icon of Tomorrow||Nominated|
|Iconic Viner||Wesley Stromberg|
|Capricho Awards||Gato Internacional (International Cutie)||Drew Chadwick|
|Melhor Show no Brasil (Best Show in Brazil)||Emblem3|
|Revelação Internacional (International Development)|
|2014||Radio Disney Music Awards||Best Crush Song - XOXO||"Chloe (You're the One I Want)"|
|Best Music Group - They're the One||Emblem3|
- West Coast Tour (2013)
- E3 Goes East (2013)
- Goin' Back to Cali (2013)
- Emblem3 Summer Tour (2013)
- Stars Dance Tour (Opening Act) (2013)
- #Bandlife Tour (2014) (opening acts included MKTO and Jackson Guthy)
- Fireside Story Sessions (2014)
- Forever Together Tour (late 2014)
- Waking Up Tour (2016) (opening acts include Megan Nicole, Dyllan Murray, and The Ready Set)
The group also performed at multiple festivals throughout the year such as Z-Fest (Brazil), Kiss Concert (Boston, MA), various holiday concerts, Spring Break Portugal etc.
The group is also scheduled to perform at music festivals and concert series throughout the summer such as Ramapo Summer Concert Series (NY) etc.
- "Emblem3 – Discover music, concerts, stats, & pictures at Last.fm". Last.fm. 2013.
- "'X Factor' Group Emblem 3 Officially Releasing An Album In 2013". Penske Media Corporation. January 9, 2013.
- Yandoli, Krystie (April 15, 2013). "Emblem3 Releases New Single, 'Chloe (You're The One I Want)' (LISTEN)". Huffington Post.
- "OK! Exclusive: See Emblem3′S Deluxe Album Cover And Track Listing For 'Nothing To Lose!'". OK! magazine. June 13, 2013.
- "Emblem3 Taking a Break, NOT Breaking Up". hollywire.com. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- Stewart, Allison. "Emblem3 came out big winners by losing 'X Factor'". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Inc., Fanpop,. "Emblem 3 Video: Emblem 3's First Audition - Sunset Boulevard". Retrieved 3 August 2016.
- "The X Factor USA". Retrieved 3 August 2016.
- "'X Factor' Recap: Emblem3 Ends Live Show on High Note (VIDEO) - Celebuzz". 31 October 2012. Retrieved 3 August 2016.
- "'X Factor' 2012 elimination recap: Emblem3 falls short of the finals". Retrieved 3 August 2016.
- Schillaci, Sophie (July 17, 2013). "Emblem3 Sets 'Nothing to Lose' Release Date Ahead of Selena Gomez Tour (Video)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Emblem3 is Goin' Back 2 Cali! : Emblem 3
- "Songs From the Couch, Vol. I". iTunes. June 2, 2014.
- "Forever Together". iTunes. October 27, 2014.
- "Emblem3 Tour Dates Immediately Sell Out" (4 March 2013). Sony Columbia Records. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "Robin Thicke Gets First No. 1 Album On Billboard 200". Billboard magazine. August 7, 2013. Retrieved August 7, 2013.
- Lopez, Korina (October 10, 2013). "On the Verge: Emblem3 makes its mark in mainstream". USA Today.
- "E3 East Coast Dates Sell Out". Emblem3. 2013-09-24.
- Selena Gomez Welcomes Emblem3 & Christina Grimmie as Openers on Stars Dance Tour : Selena Gomez
- "Emblem3 Launches New Album 'Waking Up'; Announce World Tour". www.broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 2016-03-28.
- "EMBLEM3 is About to Set Foot on Manila for Waking Up Tour". www.ivorymusic.org. Retrieved 2016-04-14.