El abuelo y yo
|El abuelo y yo|
|Also known as||Mi abuelito|
|Directed by||Juan Carlos Muñoz|
Jorge Martínez de Hoyos|
Adalberto Martínez "Resortes"
Gael García Bernal
Flor Eduarda Gurrola
|Theme music composer||Amparo Rubín|
|Opening theme||Capitanes de la calle by Ludwika Paleta|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||90|
|Executive producer(s)||Pedro Damián|
|Running time||41-44 minutes|
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Original release||January 20 – June 22, 1992|
|Preceded by||Vida robada|
Carrusel de las Américas (17:30)|
Ángeles sin paraíso (17:00)
|Related shows||De pocas, pocas pulgas (2003)|
Gael García Bernal, Ludwika Paleta and Flor Edwarda Gurrola starred as young protagonists, Jorge Martínez de Hoyos, Adalberto Martínez "Resortes" and Evangelina Elizondo starred as adult protagonists, while Marcelo Buquet, Frances Ondiviela, Alfonso Iturralde and Wendy de los Cobos starred as stellar performances.
Alejandra and Daniel are two kids who live totally different worlds, but ending United by friendship and dreams. Alejandra is a sweet and tender girl who lives in a world of gardens and dreams of Crystal, beautiful dresses, lots of hats and fairy tales.
It is a girl full of fantasies and desires of magical adventures, his parents are wealthy and has everything that desires to reach to imagine. But that world is far away from Daniel, a child who has been orphaned, who has made Street home, since the death of his mother, he is helpless, unknown to their relatives, just know that the father of his mother never forgave him that he has married and split it with his life.
Now Daniel has just to buy a good pair of shoes. The little Daniel, who lives with his dog "Anselmo", first meets don Joaquin, an old musician performer that has now become grumpy and solitary, Daniel believes that the two can be great companions, never imagining that he is your grandfather, then meet Alejandra and together begin to explore new worlds filled with fun and all thanks to the grandfather which becomes your guide and teach them the true meaning of friendship and how to remain children.
Grandfather in addition to providing their support and affection teaches them to use imagination to travel through strange worlds and to dream, things that the children had failed to do by solving problems that did not correspond to. Ultimately Daniel and Don Joaquín find they are grandfather and grandson and follow their path together but Alejandra.
- Jorge Martínez de Hoyos as Don Joaquín Rivera "El Abuelo"
- Adalberto Martínez "Resortes" as Don Lucas Romero
- Evangelina Elizondo as Sofía
- Ludwika Paleta as Alejandra Díaz-Uribe Irigoyen
- Gael García Bernal as Daniel García Medina
- Flor Eduarda Gurrola as Yolanda Perez-Villegas Moya "La Yoya"
- Ivette Proal as Yolanda Moya de Pérez-Villegas
- Marcelo Buquet as Gerardo Díaz-Uribe
- Frances Ondiviela as Fernanda Irigoyen de Díaz-Uribe
- Raúl Buenfil as Father Damián Irigoyen
- Wendy de los Cobos as Mayra del Rivero
- Alfonso Iturralde as René Pérez-Villegas
- Beatriz Moreno as Lola
- Héctor del Puerto as Don Guadalupe "Lupe"
- Leo Rojo as Raúl
- Jesús Vargas as Lic. Ernesto Fonseca
- Antonio Brillas as Father José
- Josefina Escobedo as Mrs. Josefina de Lizardi
- Alan Gutiérrez as Rosendo
- Julián de Tavira as Emiliano
- Jorge Poza as Perico
- Osvaldo Benavides as Francisco "Paco"
- Eugenio Polgovsky as Eugenio
- Felipe Colombo as Felipín
- Diego Luna as Luis
- Billy Méndez as Billy
- Ada Carrasco as Enriqueta
- Maya Mishalska as Leticia
- Krystel Klitbo as Matti
- Mauricio Armando as Germán
- Bárbara Eibenshutz as Teresa
- Myrrah Saavedra as Moraima
- José Escandón as Lic. Castillo
- Jorge Salinas as Ernesto "Neto"
- Eduardo Santamarina as Ulises
- Alejandro Bracho as Joel "Chuvila"
- Arturo Guízar as Father Domingo
- Germán Novoa as Francisco "Pancho"
- Maricruz Nájera as Mother Adoración
- Teresa Guízar as Sister Yvette
- Gonzalo Sánchez as Roque Fonseca
- Dominika Paleta as Elisa Canto
- Yolanda Ventura as Teresa (special appearances)
- Konnan as Himself
|1993||11th TVyNovelas Awards||Best Leading Actor||Jorge Martínez de Hoyos||Won|
|Best Child Performance||Gael García Bernal|
|Flor Edwarda Gurrola||Nominated|
- "El abuelo y yo" (in Spanish). alma-latina.net. Archived from the original on September 10, 2011. Retrieved February 25, 2016.
- "'El Abuelo y yo' cumple 20 años" (in Spanish). eldiariodecoahuila.com.mx. Retrieved April 2, 2015.
- "¿Dónde están ahora los actores de El abuelo y yo?" (in Spanish). caras.com.mx. Retrieved April 2, 2015.