Destroy Build Destroy
|Destroy Build Destroy|
|Created by||Dan Taberski and Scott Messick|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||37 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Dan Taberski and Scott Messick|
Idiot Box Productions
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Original network||Cartoon Network|
|Original release||June 20, 2009 – September 21, 2011|
Destroy Build Destroy is an American live action reality series on Cartoon Network. It was an unusual type of game show, in which two teams destroyed a random object and built vehicles from it, and then the winners destroyed the losers' creation. The series originally premiered as part of an line of live-action reality series called CN Real, which aired in 2009. The series premiered on June 20, 2009, and ended its run on September 21, 2011.
Destroy Build Destroy was one of only two shows from the CN Real block (the other being Dude, What Would Happen) to have been renewed for additional seasons, as the other CN Real shows had already been cancelled earlier most likely due to low ratings.
Destroy Build Destroy is a game show hosted by musician Andrew W.K. in which two groups (a "green or blue" team and an "orange or yellow" team, usually grouped by theme such as common interests) of three teenage contestants have to destroy various objects, then built vehicles out of the wreckage. The show featured high powered explosives, rocket launchers, bazookas, and other destructive tools. The winning team got $3,000 ($1,000 dollars each) as a prize, the losers' creation then got destroyed by the team of the winning vehicle. However, if a tie occurred by the end of the final round, no one won anything, and both vehicles got destroyed.
All of the episodes consisted of destroying the original item, chosen by the first team, (car, jeep, etc.), then beginning to build using the remains. The second team picked the means of original destruction. Halfway through the show, both teams had a mini-competition. Whoever won the competition got to set back the other team. Then, at the end, whoever lost has to watch as their creation was destroyed (in means chosen by the winning team).
The show launched on June 20, 2009, in Carver, Massachusetts, as part of a new Cartoon Network programming block named CN Real.
Destroy Build Destroy" was produced by Mess Media in association with Idiot Box Productions. The executive producers are Dan Taberski and Scott Messick.
The second season of the show premiered on November 4, 2009, and ranked #1 in its timeslot among boys 6–11 on all television with a total of 2.1 million watching each episode.
Destroy Build Destroy was listed as one of the returning shows on Cartoon Network for 2010–2011 television season. The third season began airing on October 6, 2010.
A fourth season was ordered and aired from June to September 2011.
- ↑ Archived May 25, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- ↑ "Turner Newsroom: Home". News.turner.com. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- ↑ "Cartoon Network Led By "Destroy Build Destroy," "Dude, What Would Happen" and "Johnny Test" – Ratings". TVbytheNumbers. March 2, 2010. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- ↑ "Cartoon Network Unveils New Line Up And Returning Shows – Ratings". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- ↑ "Breaking News – International Sensation Hole in the Wall Joins Cartoon Network's Explosive Wednesday Night Line-Up on October 6". TheFutonCritic.com. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- ↑ "Cartoon Network Unveils New Programming Slate Including Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck and Details on 'How to Train Your Dragon' – Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. March 23, 2011. Retrieved May 26, 2012.