David Copperfield (1966 TV serial)
|Directed by||Joan Craft|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Original network||BBC One|
|Original release||16 January – 10 April 1966|
David Copperfield is a BBC television serial starring Ian McKellen in the title role of the adaptation of Charles Dickens's novel that began airing in January 1966. It also featured Tina Packer as Dora, Flora Robson as Betsey Trotwood, Gordon Gostelow as Barkis, and Christopher Guard as young David. The screenplay adaptation was written by Vincent Tilsley.
- Sid Smith (21 January 1996). "A sly take on history: In his 'Richard III,' McKellen goes for the essential bard". Chicago Tribune. p. C7. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
- Ben Hewes (23 January 2002). "All the world's a stage for the Burnley actors". Lancashire Telegraph. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
- Kevin Kelly (5 January 1992). "Decisions difficult but exhilarating for actress-director". The Boston Globe. p. B31.
- "Dickens - David Copperfield". The Bookseller. 22 January 1966. p. 218.
- Gavin Gaughan (20 July 2007). "Obituary: Gordon Gostelow: From Shakespeare to classic serials - and a Methodist musical". The Guardian. p. 43. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
- Films and filming, Volumes 340-351. Hansom Books. 1983. p. 30.
- Joanne Shattock (2000). The Cambridge Bibliography of English Literature, Volume 4: 1800-1900. Cambridge University Press. p. 2098. ISBN 0-521-39100-8.
- Papers by command. HMSO. 23: 21. 1966. Missing or empty
- "December delights". M2 Presswire. 26 October 1995.
- David Copperfield at the British Film Institute
- David Copperfield (1966) at the Internet Movie Database