Dark at the End of the Tunnel
|Dark at the End of the Tunnel|
|Studio album by Oingo Boingo|
|Released||February 20, 1990|
|Genre||Alternative rock, new wave, ska|
|Producer||Danny Elfman, Steve Bartek, John Avila|
|Oingo Boingo chronology|
|Singles from Dark at the End of the Tunnel|
Dark at the End of the Tunnel is the seventh studio album by Oingo Boingo, released in 1990. The cover art of the album is from a painting titled "Volcano", by artist Peter Zokosky.
It is the first collection of all new material released by the band since their 1987 album Boi-ngo. Although the band's ska and new wave elements remain in songs such as "Run Away" and "Flesh 'N Blood", the album marks Oingo Boingo's move towards alternative rock.
All tracks written by Danny Elfman.
|1.||"When the Lights Go Out"||4:11|
|3.||"Out of Control"||4:12|
|6.||"Flesh 'N Blood"||4:19|
|7.||"Run Away (The Escape Song)"||4:20|
|10.||"Right to Know" (Bonus track available on CD and Cassette only)||3:58|
|11.||"Try to Believe" (Newly-recorded version; original version appeared on the Midnight Run: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack album)||4:33|
- Oingo Boingo
- Danny Elfman - lead vocals, rhythm guitar
- John Avila - bass, vocals
- Steve Bartek - lead guitar
- Carl Graves - keyboards, vocals
- Johnny "Vatos" Hernandez - drums, percussion
- Sam Phipps - tenor and soprano saxophones
- Leon Schneiderman - baritone saxophone
- Dale Turner - trumpet
- Additional Musicians
- Bruce Fowler - trombone
- Ralph Grierson - piano
- Kenny Kotwitz - accordion
- Brian Mann - accordion
- Yvonne S. Moriarity - french horn
- Maxine Waters and Julia Waters - additional vocals on "Try to Believe"