Dancer, Texas Pop. 81
|Dancer, Texas Pop. 81|
|Directed by||Tim McCanlies|
|Written by||Tim McCanlies|
|Music by||Steve Dorff|
|Edited by||Rob Kobrin|
|Distributed by||TriStar Pictures|
Dancer, Texas Pop. 81 is a 1998 comedy-drama film starring Breckin Meyer, Peter Facinelli, Eddie Mills, and Ethan Embry.
Set in the small, fictional American town of Dancer (Brewster County, Texas), only 81 people live in this town. Following their high school graduation, four young men wrestle with their decisions to leave town for Los Angeles.
- Breckin Meyer as Keller Coleman
- Peter Facinelli as Terrell Lee Lusk
- Eddie Mills as John Hemphill
- Ethan Embry as Squirrel
- Ashley Johnson as Josie Hemphill
- Patricia Wettig as Mrs. Lusk
- Michael O'Neill as Mr. Lusk
- Eddie Jones as Earl
- Wayne Tippit as Keller's grandfather
- Alexandra Holden as Vivian
- Keith Szarabajka as Squirrel's father
- Shawn Weatherly as Sue Ann
- Michael Crabtree as Mr. Hemphill
- Lashawn McIvor as Mrs. Hemphill
Dancer, Texas Pop. 81 received positive reviews; it currently holds an 80% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
Film reviewer Joe M. O'Connell, writing for the San Antonio Express-News, called the film "The finest representation of small-town Texas since The Last Picture Show." The movie was filmed in Fort Davis, Texas as dancer and the tri county area.
- Dancer, Texas Pop. 81 at the Internet Movie Database
- Dancer, Texas Pop. 81 at AllMovie
- Dancer, Texas Pop. 81 at Box Office Mojo
- Dancer, Texas Pop. 81 at Rotten Tomatoes
This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 10/14/2014. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.