|Place of origin||United States|
|Main ingredients||Cornmeal, maize products|
|Cookbook: Corn cookie Media: Corn cookie|
A corn cookie (or maize cookie) is a type of cookie prepared with corn products. In the United States, it is a type of sugar cookie. Rather than wheat flour, which is commonly used in the preparation of cookies, the corn cookie takes its color and flavor from corn products such as cornmeal.
Like their traditional counterparts, corn cookies are often flavored with various other herbs, spices, and fruits including lemon verbena, apricot, and rosemary. In addition to baking, corn cookies can also be prepared by using batter for making cornbread and cooking it on a hot griddle.
- Richard, Michel; Kaminsky, Peter (2010). Sweet Magic: Easy Recipes for Delectable Desserts. HarperCollins. pp. 148–149. ISBN 0061928216. Retrieved November 2012. Check date values in:
- Suszko, Marilou K. (2007). Farms & Foods of Ohio: From Garden Gate to Dinner Plate. Hippocrene Books. p. 217. ISBN 0781811724. Retrieved December 2012. Check date values in:
- Hochstat, Jon (June 26, 2009). "F4tT: Corn Cookie @ Momofuko Milk Bar". Glide Magazine. Retrieved November 30, 2012.
- Balch, William Ralston (1883). The People's dictionary and every-day encyclopedia. Thayer, Merriam. p. 827. Retrieved November 2012. Check date values in:
- Gallopade International. The Mystery at Mount Rushmore Teacher's Guide. Gallopade International. p. 19. ISBN 0635081768. Retrieved December 2012. Check date values in:
- Webber, Carolyn Putnam (1918). Two Hundred and Seventy-five War-time Recipes. Bedford print shop. Retrieved November 2012. Check date values in:
- Howard, Jane Grant Gilmore; Brobeck, Florence (1913). Fifty years in a Maryland kitchen. Norman, Remington Co. p. 254. Retrieved November 2012. Check date values in:
- Li, Jian (August 14, 2009). "Total anthocyanin and dietary fiber contents in blue corn cookies as affected by ingredients and oven types" (PDF). (Abstract of a Dissertion). K-REx: K-State Research Exchange (Kansas State University). Retrieved November 30, 2012.