|Type of business||Private Company|
Type of site
|Media Sharing & Collaboration Platform|
|Headquarters||Manchester, United Kingdom|
|Slogan(s)||Connecting the world's creatives.|
|Registration||Required, Use of Facebook identity is an option|
|Launched||April 2013 (Invite only), October 2013 (Live)|
|Current status||Active (Servers are currently up)|
Clowdy is an online media sharing platform that allows the sharing of film, music and photographs all in the same place. It has no upload limits and removes the common restriction of only allowing one media type on the site by encouraging quality creative content regardless of format. Clowdy is a "digital story of your song, video, photo or file". Clowdy also allows artists to tag collaborators on their creative projects, enabling all those who worked on it to receive credit. It has been described as the LinkedIn of the creative industries.
The site serves the same interface and platform for both of its users, namely artists (musicians, artists, photographers, animators), allowing for publishing and consuming content. Clowdy users have the ability to Re-Clowd films, music or photos that they find interesting. They also can follow other users of the site and this forms the backbone of the sharing element of the site. Each user will see a different 'Home' page dependent upon who they are following. The site is free of advertisements.
It offered beta access in April 2013 under an invite only basis, but went fully live in August of that year. Clowdy's office is located in Manchester's Northern Quarter.
In July 2014, Clowdy was voted as Winner of the UK Creative Business Cup.
Clowdy launched a new Tagging feature in October 2014. This enabled users to tag contributors to a project, thus giving them credit for their contribution in a film, song or project. In January 2016, Clowdy rebranded to Twine.
- "Clowdy.com Server Status Check". isitdownrightnow.com. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- "What is a Clowd?". Clowdy. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Clowdy: A Professional Hub for Creators and their Crew". The Next Web. Retrieved 10 November 2014.
- "Could Clowdy Be The LinkedIn Of The Creative Industry?". HypeBot. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "How to Re-Clowd a Clowd". Clowdy Blog. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "How to become a recommended follower". Clowdy Blog. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Clowdy for mobile". Clowdy. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- "Student film-makers vying for votes in movie competition". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "'Bonkers' film wins national competition". University of Portsmouth News. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "Interview: Creative Business Cup UK Winner and Clowdy.com Co-Founder Stuart Logan". Creative England. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "How to Tag Roles on Clowdy". Clowdy. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "Manchester entrepreneurs secure £350,000 for tech start-up Twine". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 21 January 2016.