|Launched||November 1, 2005|
|Owned by||Bell Media|
Les films d'hier à l'affiche aujourd'hui|
(The Films of Yesterday Showing Today)
The Movie Network|
Channel 185 (SD)|
Channel 1895 (HD)
Channel 778 (SD)|
Channel 419 / 253 (HD)
|Available on some Canadian cable systems||Check local listings, channels may vary|
|Bell Fibe TV||
Channel 165 (SD)|
Channel 1165 (HD)
Channel 405 (SD)|
Channel 550 (HD)
|VMedia||Channel 114 (SD) (QC)|
|Zazeen||Channel 241 (HD)|
In November 2000, Astral Media, through its subsidiary Astral Télé Réseaux inc., was granted approval by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to launch a television channel called Cinémania, described as "a national French-language Category 2 pay television service including a diverse selection of popular Canadian and international general-interest feature-length repertory fiction movies."
In November 2008, Cinépop introduced a new look including a new logo and on-screen graphics.
On March 4, 2013, the Competition Bureau approved the takeover of Astral Media by Bell Media. Bell filed a new application for the proposed takeover with the CRTC on March 6, 2013; the CRTC approved the merger on June 27, 2013, effectively turning over control of Cinépop to Bell.
- Decision CRTC 2000-499 CRTC 2000-12-14
- Astral Media Launches 'cinépop' Broadcaster Magazine 2005-11-01
- BCE takeover of Astral OK’d by Competition Bureau, The Montreal Gazette (via The Canadian Press), March 4, 2013.
- Astral and Bell Comment on New Acquisition Application to CRTC, Broadcaster Magazine, March 6, 2013.
- CRTC approves Bell-Astral merger, CBC News, June 27, 2013. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- Cinépop présente les classiques d'hier à l'affiche aujourd'hui en haute définition, Astral.com 2011-01-13 (French)
- Official website (French)