Chronicle of the Years of Fire
|Chronicle of the Years of Fire|
original film poster
|Directed by||Mohammed Lakhdar-Hamina|
Rachid Boudjedra |
|Distributed by||Arab Film Distribution|
Chronicle of the Years of Fire (Arabic: وقائع سنين الجمر, translit. Chronique des Années de Braise) is a 1975 Algerian drama historical film directed by Mohammed Lakhdar-Hamina. It depicts the Algerian War of Independence as seen through the eyes of a peasant.
The film won the Palme d'Or prize at the 1975 Cannes Film Festival. It was also selected as the Algerian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 48th Academy Awards, but was not accepted as a nominee.
- Yorgo Voyagis - Ahmed
- Mohammed Lakhdar-Hamina - Le conteur fou
- Leila Shenna - La femme
- Cheikh Nourredine - L'ami
- François Maistre - Le contremaître de la carrière
- List of submissions to the 48th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Algerian submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- ↑ "Festival de Cannes: Chronicle of the Years of Fire". festival-cannes.com. Archived from the original on 2012-09-26. Retrieved 2009-04-27.
- ↑ Margaret Herrick Library, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 12/2/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.