Cadenas de amargura
|Cadenas de amargura|
Cuauhtémoc Blanco |
Mª del Carmen Peña
Cuauhtémoc Blanco |
Mª del Carmen Peña
|Opening theme||The Blade Artist by Dwight Bernard Mikkelsen|
|Ending theme||Si esto no es amor by H20|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||80|
|Executive producer(s)||Carlos Sotomayor|
|Cinematography||Carlos Guerra Villareal|
|Running time||41-44 minutes|
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Original release||January 1 – April 24, 1991|
Alcanzar una estrella (19:00)|
Mi pequeña Soledad (19:30)
|Followed by||Milagro y magia (19:00)|
|Related shows||En nombre del amor (2008)|
Cadenas de amargura (English title: Chains of bitterness) is a Mexican telenovela produced by Carlos Sotomayor for Televisa in 1991. This story whose plot revolves around the bitterness and hatred of a woman Evangelina, who retaliates against her niece, due to heartbreak that had happened during the earlier years of her life. Evangelina had many male suitors but, she got stubborn with the one man that fell in love with her sister Natalia. This on the other hand, produced her sister's daughter Cecilia who was giving away to her Brother Roberto and his wife Elsa. Cecelia was made to believe that she was their legitimate child. And the story goes on forward...
After the accident that killed her parents, little Cecilia must go live with her aunts, Evangelina and Natalia, both single and very different. Cecilia loves Natalia like a mother while Evangelina brings her fear. Evangelina is always looking to break the young girl's optimism and resents the young girl.
After a time jump, Cecilia grows up and is on the brink of turning 18. Her neighbor, Sofia, has become her best friend. Sofia wishes to be like any other girl and have Cecilia join but Evangelina always tries to prevent Cecilia from having fun. Meanwhile, Natalia notices Evangelina's mistreatment but does nothing but watch as Cecilia suffers because she also fears the strong character of Evangelina.
Meanwhile Sofia has her own issues as she has an estranged father. He abandoned her and her mother for another woman, which causes disdain from Evangelina who disapproves of her neighbors. Both Cecilia and Sofia find love throughout the story. Sofia falls for a good, noble man named Gerardo, who has just finished his studies and now works in a candy store.
He had the option to work in his father's ceramic factory but declines the offer. Meanwhile Cecilia meets Joaquin, a young accountant,who happens to be friends with Gerardo as well as work with him. Joaquin falls for Cecilia who doesn't reciprocate his feelings but still they become a couple.
Furthermore, she starts to think about her future and which university to go to with the money her parents left her. Evangelina discovers the secret courtship between Cecilia and Joaquin and begins to devise a plan to end the relationship. Joaquin not knowing what he's against asks for Cecilia's hand in marriage but Evangelina poisons him ending any happiness between Cecilia and him.
Cecilia begins to think she will never leave her aunt's home and considers herself a prisoner. Cecilia decides to continue her university plans but Evangelina will not tolerate her having a bright future and tells her, her father left no inheritance for her. She begins searching for clues and soon discovers her real heritage.
Evangelina tries to murder her by pushing her down the stairs but she manages to be badly injured instead. Fighting for her life,she is visited by a local parish named Father Julio. Another part of the story is Gerardo and Cecilia slowly falling in love and having to confess their secret to Sofia and try not to hurt her as they both care for Sofia.
Julio is a pivotal point as he was Natalia's lover before Evangelina separated them out of jealousy. She made Julio believe Natalia had married another man while telling Natalia, she'd received news via an anonymous telegram that Julio had died.
Julio actually alive and devastated by the news of Natalia being married decides to become a priest. Natalia soon discovers she is pregnant and on Evangelina's advice gives the child to her brother and his wife. The child given away turns out to be Cecilia.
The presence of Julio becomes the main trigger to break Evangelina's bitterness and hatred, who after murdering Natalia, is out to ruin Cecilia. Cecilia is unaware of this and just wants a happy life with Gerardo at her side.
- Diana Bracho as Evangelina Vizcaíno Lara
- Daniela Castro as Cecilia Vizcaíno Robles
- Raúl Araiza as Gerardo Garza Osuna
- Delia Casanova as Natalia Vizcaíno Lara
- Fernando Luján as Father Julio
- Cynthia Klitbo as Sofía Gastelum Fernández
- Tina Romero as Martha Fernández ex de Gastelum
- Hilda Aguirre as Elena Osuna de Garza
- Raymundo Capetillo as Renato Garza
- Alexis Ayala as Víctor Medina Blanco
- Aurora Molina as Jovita
- Raúl Magaña as Joaquín de la Peña Barraza
- Gilberto Román as Manuel Alejo
- Marcela Páez as Sister Angélica Sepúlveda
- Raquel Pankowsky as Inés Blancarte
- Tiaré Scanda as Liliana Ayala
- Jorge Salinas as Roberto Herrera
- Juan Carlos Colombo as Armando Gastelum
- Cecilia Romo as Mother Superiora
- Miguel Córcega as Father José María
- Bolivar Hack as Roberto Vizcaíno Lara
- Ivette Proal as Elsa Robles de Vizcaíno
- Roberto Montiel as Felipe Andrade
- Luis Cárdenas as Salvador de la Peña
- Marta Resnikoff as Rosa Barraza de de la Peña
- Gloria Izaguirre as Carmelita Ríos
- Rosa Elena Díaz as Mrs. Cuéllar
- Mercedes Gironella as Sister Lucero
- Margarita Ambriz as Toña
- Graciela Bernardos as Lupita
- Jacqueline Munguía as 'Imelda
- María Dolores Oliva as Rita
- Arturo Paulet as Dr. García
- Alejandra Jurado as Irene
- Toni Rodríguez as Monja
- Dacia Arcaráz as Monja
- Karen Beatriz as Cecilia Vizcaíno (child)
- Priscila Reyes as Sofía Gastelum (child)
|1992||10th TVyNovelas Awards||Best Telenovela of the Year||Carlos Sotomayor||Won|
|Best Actress||Diana Bracho|
|Best Young Lead Actress||Daniela Castro|
|Best Young Lead Actor||Raúl Araiza|
|Best Antagonist Actress||Cynthia Klitbo|
|Best Leading Actress||Aurora Molina||Nominated|
|Best Leading Actor||Fernando Luján|
|Best Co-lead Actress||Delia Casanova|
|Best Co-lead Actor||Raymundo Capetillo|
|Best Direction||Luis Vélez||Won|
|Best Direction of the Camaras||Carlos Guerra|