|Launched||1 July 2010|
Satellite & Cable |
|Owned by||CNC, private investors|
|Picture format||16:9 576i (SDTV)|
|Slogan||A new perspective|
|Affiliates||Xinhua News Agency|
(UK & Ireland)
(UK & Ireland)
|11426 V 27500 2/3|
|Cignal Digital TV|
Channel 69 (Analog) |
Channel 227 (Digital)
|Channel 227 (Digital)|
CNC World (simplified Chinese: 中国新华新闻电视网英语电视台; traditional Chinese: 中國新華新聞電視網英語電視台; pinyin: Zhōngguó Xīnhuá Xīnwén Diànshì Wǎng Yīngyǔ Diànshìtái) is a 24-hour global English-language news channel, launched on July 1, 2010. It is 51% owned by the China Xinhua News Network Corporation, and 49% by private investors, including Chinese home appliances maker Gree.
CNC World's mission is to provide comprehensive coverage of world affairs while explaining matters of direct concern to the Chinese leadership in a perspective its producers consider appropriate.
On December 16, 2010 CNC World agreed a deal with Eutelsat for coverage on Eutelsat 28A, 36B and Hot Bird 13B from January 1, 2011. CNC World launched on the Sky satellite television platform in the United Kingdom and Ireland on July 21, 2011 from Eutelsat 28A.
- China Report
- World News
- World Perspectives
- Economy Report
- Quarterly Review
- Click on Today
- China View
- Global Visitor
- Green Voices
- China joins global media with network launch - Financial Times - 1 July 2010
- Barboza, David. (2010, July 2). China Puts Best Face Forward in New English-Language Channel. The New York Times, p A4
- "XINHUA'S CNC WORLD ENGLISH CHANNEL SELECTS THREE EUTELSAT SATELLITES FOR REACH ACROSS EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA" (PDF). Eutelsat. 16 December 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to CNC World.|
- Official stream of English-language channel via xhstv.com
- CNC World website (Chinese)
- Xinhua launches CNC World English channel
- China's Xinhua launches global English TV channel