|Branding||102.3 Jack FM|
|Slogan||Playing whatever! Whenever!|
|Frequency||102.3 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||2000|
|Audience share||8.5% |
|Website||102.3 Jack FM|
CHST-FM is a Canadian radio station, broadcasting at 102.3 FM in London, Ontario. The station uses the on-air brand and format Jack FM. Jack FM broadcasts with an average effective radiated power of 5.84 kW from the CFPL-TV tower in Southwest London. Due to CHST-FM's low ERP relative to some London area radio stations, its broadcast signal covers only Middlesex, Elgin, and Oxford counties. The station's coverage to the west is impeded by co-channel WGRT in Port Huron, Michigan.
Approved by the CRTC in 1999, CHST was launched by CHUM Limited in 2000. It originally used the brand Star 102.3 with a hot adult contemporary format, but was rebranded as the adult hits format Bob FM in July 2003.
On June 21, 2010, CTVglobemedia announced it had entered into an agreement to sell the station to Rogers Media. The sale was approved by the CRTC on December 22, 2010.
On September 12, 2012, Rogers received approval to increase the station's effective radiated power from 5,840 to 20,400 watts (directional antenna with a maximum ERP from 12,100 to 100,000 watts), and change its class from B1 to C1.
Following the acquisition, the station continued to use the Bob FM name (which is associated with Bell Media stations), rather than adopting the Jack FM brand typically used by Rogers. On August 28, 2014, at 6 a.m., CHST-FM adopted the Jack FM brand, with no change in format.
- ↑ "Spring 2013 BBM Canada Survey"
- ↑ Decision CRTC 99-482
- ↑ http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/60187
- ↑ http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2010/2010-953.htm
- ↑ Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-490, CHST-FM London – Technical change, CRTC, September 12, 2012
- ↑ "Bob Gives Way To Jack in London, ON". Radio Insight. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- ↑ https://soundcloud.com/1023jackfm/hello-london-the-name-is-jack#t=0:48
- Official website
- CHST History - Canadian Communications Foundation
- Query the REC's Canadian station database for CHST-FM
Coordinates: 42°56′59″N 81°15′52″W / 42.94972°N 81.26444°W