Primary sector: raw materials
Secondary sector: manufacturing
Tertiary sector: services
Quaternary sector: information services
Quinary sector: human services
|AGB Fisher · Colin Clark · Jean Fourastié|
|Sectors by ownership|
|Business sector · Private sector · Public sector · Voluntary sector|
In economics, the business sector or corporate sector is "the part of the economy made up by companies". It is a subset of the domestic economy, excluding the economic activities of general government, of private households, and of non-profit organizations serving individuals. An alternative analysis of economies, the three-sector theory, subdivides them into:
- the primary sector (raw materials)
- the secondary sector (manufacturing)
- the tertiary sector (sales and services)
In the United States the business sector accounted for about 78 percent of the value of gross domestic product (GDP) as of 2000.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), a unit of the United States Department of Labor
- Private sector
- State-owned enterprise
- Longman Business English Dictionary
- But compare Keese, Mark; Salou, Gérard; Richardson, Pete (1991). The measurement of output and factors of production for the business sector in OECD countries: the OECD business sector database. OECD Department of Economics and Statistics working papers. 95-101. Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. p. i. Retrieved 2015-06-07.
[...] recent work of the OECD Economics and Statistics Department to construct an international Business Sector Data Base (BSDB) for use in a wide variety of analyses of production and supply issues [...].
- "BLS Information". Glossary. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Division of Information Services. February 28, 2008. Retrieved 2009-05-05.
- Business sector: Productivity, hourly compensation, unit labor costs, and prices, seasonally adjusted, Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Regulatory Information by Business Sector, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Business Sector, CDC
- , Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Your business sector, Business Link
- Business Sectors, UK Trade & Investment
- Flexible Support For Business