|Founder||Tod Sacerdoti and Dru Nelson|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, United States|
BrightRoll was founded in June 2006 by Tod Sacerdoti, the company's CEO, and Dru Nelson. Its headquarters were in San Francisco, California, with offices across the United States, Canada, and Europe.BrightRoll raised $36 million in capital, with the last round of funding closing in November 2011. Principal investors include Dave Welsh, Adams Street Partners, Rob Theis, Scale Venture Partners, Evangelos Simoudis, Trident Capital and Jon Callaghn, TRUE Ventures.
The BrightRoll platform delivers, manages and measures the performance of digital video advertising campaigns across web, mobile, and connected TV. According to comScore, BrightRoll reached the most unique viewers in the United States in 2013.
The BrightRoll platform includes a real-time bidding marketplace and powers programmatic video for hundreds of buyers, including: brands, agencies, agency trading desks (ATDs), demand-side platforms (DSPs), and advertising networks and enables them to connect with digital audiences to support advertising campaign objectives. Customers access the platform through the company's advanced programmatic buying console (self- or managed service) or connect server-to-server for real-time bidding. The platform gives publishers and software developers access to a video marketplace.
- "Form D: Notice of Sale of Securities" (PDF). US SEC. October 10, 2007. Retrieved November 8, 2016.
- "History: Pioneering digital video since 2006". BrightRoll. Archived from the original on August 31, 2014. Retrieved November 8, 2016.
- Connie Loizos (February 25, 2013). "Brightroll's Tod Sacerdoti on Acquisitions, IPOs, and the Company's Near Future". PeHUB. Retrieved November 8, 2016.
- Trefis Team (November 12, 2014). "Yahoo Eyes Video Ad Dollars With BrightRoll Acquisition". Forbes. Retrieved November 8, 2016.
- "BrightRoll", CrunchBase
- "comScore Releases December 2013 U.S. Online Video Rankings". Press release. ComScore. January 10, 2014. Archived from the original on January 16, 2014. Retrieved November 8, 2016.
- Olga Kharif (January 30, 2013). "Google Fends Off BrightRoll in $7.6 Billion Video Market". Bloomberg Technology. Retrieved November 8, 2016.
- "Engineered for advanced programmatic buying". Promotional web site. BrightRoll. Archived from the original on February 2, 2014. Retrieved November 8, 2016.