William Tyrell Quinn|
May 6, 1912
New York City, New York, U.S.
April 29, 1994 81) (aged|
Camarillo, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Film, television actor|
|Spouse(s)||Mary Catherine Roden (1940-1994) (his death) (3 children)|
Bill Quinn (May 6, 1912 – April 29, 1994) was an American actor.
Quinn appeared in more than 150 acting roles over seven decades, starting in the 1920s in silent films and ending in 1989 in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. He is best remembered as Archie's blind friend, Mr. Van Ranseleer, in All in the Family, and later as a regular in the spin-off Archie Bunker's Place. His other television roles include The Odd Couple, in which he played the recurring role of the roommates' physician, Dr. Melnitz; The Rifleman as Sweeney, the bartender; McHale's Navy; and Mary's father in The Mary Tyler Moore Show. In 1971, he was featured in the Universal Pictures movie How to Frame a Figg starring Don Knotts.
He played Judge Antonio Runzuli in Bustin' Loose starring Richard Pryor and Cicely Tyson.
Quinn was the father-in-law of Bob Newhart: He is the father of Newhart's wife, Virginia Quinn Newhart.
Quinn died at the age of 81 in Camarillo, California of natural causes.
- No Mother to Guide Her (1923) - Billy Mills, as a child
- The New School Teacher (1924) - Pupil
- The Last Angry Man (1959) - Andrew Lord (uncredited)
- The Flying Fontaines (1959) - Al Bartlett (uncredited)
- The Mountain Road (1960) - Col. Magnusson
- From the Terrace (1960) - Lawrence Von Elm (uncredited)
- Cry for Happy (1961) - Alan Lyman
- Go Naked in the World (1961) - Pete's Doctor (uncredited)
- The Young Savages (1961) - Police Capt. Larsen (uncredited)
- Ada (1961) - Tom De Paul - Committee Man (uncredited)
- Five Finger Exercise (1962) - Salesman
- Advise & Consent (1962) - Senator Paul Hendershot
- The Birds (1963) - Farm Hand / Sam - Man in Diner
- It Happened at the World's Fair (1963) - Man Leaving Dispensary (uncredited)
- Brainstorm (1965) - Psychiatrist at Sanity Hearing (uncredited)
- Mirage (1965) - Eddie - Bartender (uncredited)
- Dark Intruder (1965) - The Neighbor
- When the Boys Meet the Girls (1965) - Dean of Colby
- Penelope (1966) - Bank Executive (uncredited)
- The Ballad of Josie (1967) - Bobbitt (uncredited)
- Doctor, You've Got to Be Kidding! (1967) - Executive at Meeting (uncredited)
- The Reluctant Astronaut (1967) - Captain Ferguson (uncredited)
- The Shakiest Gun in the West (1968) - U.S. Marshal Arthur Bates (uncredited)
- Love Is a Funny Thing (1969) - Le passager
- How to Frame a Figg (1971) - Asst. Atty. Gen. John Carmoni
- The Mad Bomber (1973) - Sgt. Quinn
- Ace Eli and Rodger of the Skies (1973) - Mortician
- Hearts of the West (1975) - Customer at Cafe Rio (uncredited)
- Psychic Killer (1975) - Hospital Coroner
- Matilda (1978) - Donohue
- Bustin' Loose (1981) - Judge Antonio Runzuli
- Dead & Buried (1981) - Ernie
- Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983) - Mr. Leo Conroy (Segment#2)
- Lucky Stiff (1988) - Emmet Kassler
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989) - McCoy's Father (last appearance)
- "Bill Quinn" RiflemanConners.com. Retrieved 21 November 2012.