|Industry||Animation, Children's Entertainment|
|Headquarters||Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
Atkinson Film-Arts was an animation studio based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The company is best known for the first two Care Bears television specials, The Land Without Feelings and The Freeze Machine, and the four syndicated specials that inspired The Raccoons (as well as first season episodes of the show itself). Atkinson also produced the Christmas specials The Little Brown Burro, Tukiki and His Search for a Merry Christmas and The Trolls and the Christmas Express and the 1987-88 series The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin (with DIC Enterprises).
In 1987, the company was renamed Crawleys Animation. It produced the special The Nightingale (with Shanghai Animation Film Studio) and 13 episodes of Dennis the Menace along with 11 episodes of COPS for DIC, and worked with French studio Belokapi on a series Ys the Magnificent (which was cancelled during production and never broadcast), before shutting down in 1989.
Because of debt problems, Atkinson Film-Arts was officially shut down in 1989.
- 1978: The Little Brown Burro
- 1979: Tukiki and His Search for a Merry Christmas
- 1979: The New Misadventures of Ichabod Crane
- 1980: The Christmas Raccoons
- 1981: The Trolls and the Christmas Express
- 1981: The Raccoons on Ice
- 1983: The Raccoons and the Lost Star
- 1983: The Care Bears in the Land Without Feelings
- 1983: The Legend of Hiawatha
- 1984: The Raccoons: Let's Dance!
- 1984: The Care Bears Battle the Freeze Machine
- 1985: Body Electric
- 1985: The Velveteen Rabbit
- 1985: For Better or for Worse: The Bestest Present
- 1985: Rumpelstiltskin
- 1986: The Tin Soldier
- 1986: Babar and Father Christmas
- 1987: The Nightingale
- 1987: Meerkats
- 1985-86: The Raccoons
- 1987: The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin (co-produced with DIC Entertainment)
- 1988: Dennis the Menace (co-produced with DIC Entertainment)
- 1988-89: COPS (co-produced with DIC Entertainment)
- "Atkinson Film Arts [ca]". imdb.com. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- "Atkinson Film-Arts Studio Directory Cartoon Series:". bcdb.com. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- "The First Care Bear Film, 'The Land Without Feelings'". home.att.ne.jp. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- "heavy metal film 1981". avaxsearch.com. Archived from the original on 12 December 2013. Retrieved 10 December 2013.