|Birth name||Anna-Lynne Williams|
|Also known as||Lotte Kestner|
|Genres||Indie rock, folk rock, dream pop, shoegaze|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, keys|
|Associated acts||Trespassers William, Ormonde, The Chemical Brothers|
Anna-Lynne Williams is an American musician best known as the lead singer, songwriter, and guitarist of Trespassers William, an indie rock band based in Seattle, Washington.
Williams grew up in Laguna Hills, California, and now lives in Seattle. She is featured on "Hold Tight London" from the Chemical Brothers' 2005 album, Push the Button; on "The World Is Too Much with Us" from Au Revoir Borealis's 2008 album, Dark Enough for Stars; and on several tracks from Anomie Belle's 2008 debut, Sleeping Patterns. She also toured with Anomie Belle in support of that release. She has collaborated with Motopony, Minotaur Shock, Phononoir, AFI, Fieldhead, Black Swan Lane, Delerium, and Robert Deeble.
In 2007, Williams started recording her own music under the name Lotte Kestner, self-releasing China Mountain in 2008. She followed it in 2011 with a covers album, Stolen (Saint-Loup Records). In 2013, she was back with more of her own material on The Bluebird of Happiness (Saint Marie Records), for which she wrote all but one track (with the composer credit to Anna-Lynne Williams). The first single from the album, "Cliff", was released on 29 January 2013. An 8-track EP of Bluebird out-takes, titled Until, was released through Saint-Loup Records on April 16, 2013.
In addition to these offerings, Williams has released four download-only collections, generally combining demos, outtakes, and newly recorded material: China Mountain B-Sides (2009), Trespassers William Songs Solo (2011), All That You Start B-Sides (2012), Extra Covers Collection (2012) and Best-of: Requested Cover Songs (6 October 2015) . Williams has also released four download-only singles and contributed the song "Confession" to the Saint Marie Records sampler Static Waves (2012).
Williams has published two books of poetry, Split Infinitive and In the Night I Go Sailing, and has recorded two albums with the indie band Ormonde.
She starred in the film I Cannot Go On As I Am, which came out in 2015 and which also contains live musical performances.
- China Mountain (5 May 2008)
- Stolen (1 June 2011)
- The Bluebird of Happiness (26 February 2013)
- Until EP (16 April 2013)
- Covering Depeche Mode EP (April 2015)
- Independent/online releases
- China Mountain B-Sides (1 April 2009)
- Trespassers William Songs Solo (28 August 2011)
- All That You Start B-Sides (19 June 2012)
- Extra Covers Collection (5 October 2012)
- Best-of: Requested Cover Songs (6 October 2015)
- Machine (7 August 2012)
- Cartographer/Explorer (11 November 2014)
- Anna-Lynne Williams's channel on YouTube
- Trespassers William Official Website
- Lotte Kestner Bandcamp
- ↑ Lotte Kestner: China Mountain, Discogs. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- ↑ Lotte Kestner: Stolen, Discogs. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- ↑ Lotte Kestner: The Blue Bird of Happiness, Allmusic. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- ↑ "Lotte Kestner", Bandcamp. Retrieved 9 April 2013.