|Launched||2 April 1996|
|Picture format||16:9 (576i, SDTV)|
|Slogan||"La chaîne grandeur nature"|
132, avenue du Président Wilson
|Formerly called||AB Animaux (1996–1998)|
Animaux is a French television channel themed on the animal world.
Created in April 1996, AB Animaux was a channel which showed animal documentaries. In 1998, it was renamed as Animaux and changed the types of programmes it showed.
President: Jean-Michel Fava Programme director: Richard Maroko Marketing & Business Development director: Gregg Bywalski
The channel specialises in the environment, and principally shows animal documentaries. It has also introduced regular reports on the protection of flora and fauna. Allain Bougrain-Dubourg joined the channel as a director in 2005.
- Territoires Sauvages : Discovery of inexpored territories and the animals who live there (Tuesday 17:55)
- Des Animaux et des Hommes : Stories about the relationship between man and animal (Saturday 18:25) *Totalement Fauve : Big game, such as lion, puma, tiger and leopard, (Thursday 17:55).
- A Vol d'Oiseau : Programme based on ornithology (Friday 17:55).
- Animaux en Danger : Programme which deals with saving the planet, (Sunday 19:00).
- Histoires d'eaux : The story of animal life in fresh and salt water (Wednesday 17:55).
Animaux was originally only shown via AB Sat, but is now available on a contract on French, Monacan, Belgian and Swiss cable and via the Nouveau Canalsat satellite package available on the new AB Group only available to customers with ADSL packages.
- (French) Programmes on Animaux