December 1, 1980|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Bates was born and raised in Los Angeles, California, and is of Haitian and Native American descent. Bates got her start in a Borax commercial when she was a baby. She subsequently landed an AT&T commercial and a co-starring role in the movie Sweet Potato Ride. Many years later, she got the job on a new sketch comedy series.
Bates' agent sent her out to audition for All That and they liked what she did. She did a Steve Urkel impression among other things. Following four or five auditions Bates got the part.
After leaving All That, Angelique later booked co-starring roles on Strong Medicine and Boston Public. Bates has also done several projects on her YouTube channel (angeliquebates) with former All That cast members Katrina Johnson and Alisa Reyes. She is the famous Bub Bub Lady from Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!. She also appeared in the movie 35 and Ticking. Bates also released an international single, "Can't Fade Me Now", on iTunes. Bates made an appearance in the music video for "Love Never Felt So Good" by Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake.
- All That: Fresh Out the Box, Steve Holland, Pocket Books, 1998
- "Angelique Bates". Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "Angelique Bates PKA 'Alizay' Releases Debut Single 'Can't Fade Me Now' On Expat Records". Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Angelique Bate's MySpace
- All That Official Fan Website and Fanclub
- Angelique Bates at the Internet Movie Database