|Founded||December 16, 2015|
|Headquarters||Universal City, California, United States|
(President and Co-CEO)
(President of Production)
The Amblin Group (41%)|
Participant Media (37%)
Reliance Entertainment (20%)
Entertainment One (2%)
Storyteller Holding Co., LLC (doing business as Amblin Partners) is an American content creation company which produces and develops films and television programming. It was founded by Steven Spielberg, Jeff Skoll of Participant Media, Anil Ambani of Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group and Darren Throop of Entertainment One on December 16, 2015. The company will primarily focus on producing and distributing films and television using the DreamWorks Pictures, Amblin Entertainment and Participant Media brands. For films, it will use the DreamWorks label for mature content, Amblin label for family-friendly content, and Participant label for social justice content, although the latter will remain a separate company.
On the same day as the company's formation, Amblin Partners announced that it entered into a five-year distribution deal with Universal Pictures by which the films will be distributed and marketed by either the main Universal label or its specialty label, Focus Features. It's unknown whether Focus Features' Gramercy Pictures label or Focus World division will distribute any titles in the new deal.
Film projects in various stages of production include: A Dog's Purpose, scheduled for release on January 27, 2017 and Ready Player One, a co-production between Amblin and Warner Bros. Pictures that is scheduled to be released on March 30, 2018.
Upcoming shows from Amblin Television include All the Way, an HBO movie directed by Jay Roach and starring Bryan Cranston, with an airdate to be announced shortly; and American Gothic, a summer series that will air on CBS and begin production in February 2016.
- 1 2 "Steven Spielberg's DreamWorks Relaunches as Amblin Partners". The Wall Street Journal. December 16, 2015. Retrieved December 16, 2015.
- ↑ "EX-99.1". www.sec.gov. Retrieved 2016-11-27.
- ↑ Cieply, Michael (December 16, 2015). "Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks Studios in Deal to Form New Company". The New York Times. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- ↑ Lang, Brent (December 16, 2015). "Steven Spielberg, Jeff Skoll Bring Amblin Partners to Universal". Variety. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- ↑ Busch, Anita (December 16, 2015). "It's Official: Spielberg, DreamWorks, Participant, eOne, Others Pact For Amblin Partners". Deadline.com. Retrieved December 23, 2015.