Alfortville and Chinagora, with a barge and tugboat on the River Seine
Paris and inner ring departments
|Coordinates: 48°48′18″N 2°25′26″E / 48.805°N 2.4239°ECoordinates: 48°48′18″N 2°25′26″E / 48.805°N 2.4239°E|
|Canton||Alfortville-Nord and Alfortville-Sud|
|Intercommunality||Plaine Centrale du Val-de-Marne|
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||René Rouquet|
|Area1||3.67 km2 (1.42 sq mi)|
|• Density||12,000/km2 (31,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||94002 / 94140|
27–37 m (89–121 ft) |
(avg. 32 m or 105 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
Alfortville (French pronunciation: [al.fɔʁ.vil]) is a commune in the Val-de-Marne department in the southeastern suburbs of Paris, France. It is located 7.6 km (4.7 mi) from the center of Paris.
The commune of Alfortville was created on 1 April 1885 from part of the commune of Maisons-Alfort.
Alfortville is served by two stations on Paris RER line D: Maisons-Alfort – Alfortville and Le Vert de Maisons.
Alfortville is located at only 500 meters from the metro station Ecole vétérinaire de Maisons Alfort on Paris Métro Line 8
The Armenian community of Alfortville is very significant. There is an Armenian Apostolic Church located south of the city. It's an important place for the Armenian community, which is very significant in Alfortville.
There is a street named after Komitas Vartabed, Missak Manouchian, and the city of Yerevan. A roundabout has recently been named Place d'Achtarak after the Armenian city Ashtarak.
Alfortville is twinning convention with the Armenian cities of Ashtarak (since 1993), Oshakan (since 2001).
On 3 May 1984, the Armenian Genocide memorial of Alfortville was bombed by a hit-team headed by Grey Wolves member Abdullah Catli and paid by the Turkish MİT intelligence agency.
Public schools in the commune include:
- 9 preschools/nurseries (maternelles) and an annex
- 6 elementary schools
- Junior high schools: Collège Henri Barbusse, Collège Léon Blum, Collège Paul Langevin
- Lycée Polyvalent Maximilien Perret
Private schools include:
- Ecole privée Saint-Mesrop (preschool, elementary)
- Ecole primaire-College Kevork A Arabian
- Bendy Casimir, mixed martial arts fighter
- Odair Fortes, footballer
- Jean-Eudes Maurice, footballer
- Mickael Marquet, footballer
- Hassan Yebda, footballer
- Marten Yorgantz, Armenian singer
- Alexis Tomassian, comedian
- Alain Teyinyan, actor
Alfortville is twinned with:
- San Benedetto del Tronto, Italy since 1989
- Ashtarak, Armenia since 1993
- Cantanhede, Portugal since 2000
- Oshakan, Armenia since 2001
There is also a twinning convention with the Armenian region of Ashtarak since 1993.
- Mayors of Essonne Association (French)
- ↑ Ergenekon document reveals MİT’s assassination secrets Archived August 24, 2008, at the Wayback Machine., Today's Zaman, 19 August 2008 (English)
- 1 2 "Etablissements scolaires." Alfortville. Retrieved on September 10, 2016.
- Official website (in French)
- The below of Alfortville (in French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alfortville.|