|Coordinates: 32°34′12″N 36°18′59″E / 32.57000°N 36.31639°E|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Al-Jiza (Arabic: الجيزة, also spelled el-Jeza) is a town in southern Syria, administratively part of the Daraa Governorate, located east of Daraa. Nearby localities include al-Mataaiya to the south, Ghasm to the southeast, al-Sahwah to the northeast, al-Musayfirah to the north, Kahil to the northwest and al-Taybeh to the west.
In the Ottoman tax registers of 1596, it was a village located the nahiya of Butayna, Qada of Hawran, under the name of Jiza. It had a population of 19 households and 7 bachelors, all Muslims. They paid a fixed tax-rate of 40% on agricultural products, including wheat, barley, summer crops, goats and beehives, in addition to occasional revenues; a total of 7,215 akçe.
According to the Syria Central Bureau of Statistics, al-Jiza had a population of 14,700 in the 2004 census. It is the administrative center of the al-Jiza nahiyah ("subdistrict") which consisted of three localities with a collective population of 21,100 in 2004.
- Hamza Ali Al-Khateeb (1997-2011)
- Deutscher Verein zur Erforschung Palästinas; Robinson, Edward (1896). Zeitschrift des Deutschen Palästina-Vereins. 19-20. O. Harrassowitz.
- Hütteroth, Wolf-Dieter; Abdulfattah, Kamal (1977). Historical Geography of Palestine, Transjordan and Southern Syria in the Late 16th Century. Erlanger Geographische Arbeiten, Sonderband 5. Erlangen, Germany: Vorstand der Fränkischen Geographischen Gesellschaft. ISBN 3-920405-41-2.
- Robinson, Edward; Smith, Eli (1841). Biblical Researches in Palestine, Mount Sinai and Arabia Petraea: A Journal of Travels in the year 1838. 3. Boston: Crocker & Brewster.