|Coordinates: 32°49′18″N 35°59′42″E / 32.82167°N 35.99500°E|
|Grid position||243/247 PAL|
|Population (2004 census)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Adwan (Arabic: عدوان; also spelled Adawan or Edwan) is a village in southern Syria, administratively part of the Izra District of the Daraa Governorate. Nearby localities include al-Shaykh Saad to the east, Saham al-Jawlan to the southwest and Tasil to the west. According to the Syria Central Bureau of Statistics, Adwan had a population of 2,487 in the 2004 census.
In 1596 Adwan appeared in the Ottoman tax registers as "'Udwan" and was part of the nahiya of Jawlan Sarqi in the Qada of Hauran. It had an entirely Muslim population consisting of 21 households and 15 bachelors. Taxes were paid on wheat, barley, summer crops, goats and beehives.
In the late 19th-century Adwan was a medium-sized village in territory formerly occupied by the Bedouin Adwan tribe. Its buildings, which included around 40 huts and a few ancient ruins, were mostly built of stone and mud. The village had a population of about 140.
- Hütteroth, Wolf-Dieter; Abdulfattah, Kamal (1977). Historical Geography of Palestine, Transjordan and Southern Syria in the Late 16th Century. Erlanger Geographische Arbeiten, Sonderband 5. Erlangen, Germany: Vorstand der Fränkischen Geographischen Gesellschaft. ISBN 3-920405-41-2.
- Schumacher, Gottlieb; Oliphant, Laurence; le Strange, Guy (1889). Across the Jordan: being an exploration and survey of part of Hauran and Jaulan. Bentley.