ATN Gujarati logo
|Launched||October 19, 2005|
|Owned by||Asian Television Network|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Formerly called||ATN Zee Gujarati (2005 - 2009)|
|Rogers Cable||Channel 862|
|Bell Fibe TV||Channel 840|
ATN Gujarati broadcasts programming focused on family entertainment and culture. Programming includes talk shows, current affairs, news, films, and festival-based programs. Programming is primarily sourced from TV9, an Indian-based television channel, as well as Canadian content.
In November 2000, ATN was granted approval from the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to launch a television channel called Gujarati Channel, described as "a national ethnic Category 2 specialty television service targeting the Gujarati-speaking community."
In May 2009, Zee Gujarati ceased operations in India due to losses at the network. As a result, in June 2009, ATN rebranded the network ATN Gujarati and began supplying much of its programming from TV9.
On August 30, 2013, the CRTC approved Asian Television Network's request to convert ATN Gujarati from a licensed Category B specialty service to an exempted Cat. B third language service.
- Decision CRTC 2000-682 CRTC 2000-12-14
- ATN launches four more digital television channels and acquires more cricket ATN press release
- ATN launches four more digital television channels and acquires more cricket Archived October 17, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. Channel Canada 2005-10-24
- Zee gujarati to close down Gujarati Global 2009-05-02
- ZEE Gujarati to close down in India Mediauk.com 2009-01-22
- ATN Punjabi Channel – Revocation of licence