AMC Networks International Zone
AMC Networks International — UK (EMEA) (formerly AMC Networks International — Zone (EMEA), Chello Zone, Zone Vision and Zone Media) is a London, England-based television company, founded in 1991 by Chris Wronski and owned by AMC Networks International.
The company was originally founded to distribute television programmes in Eastern Europe, but now operates in 138 countries. They operate channels under 7 brands, albeit with some limited to specific countries, and provide 22 sound tracks across these.
Its English speaking-targeted channels show mainly US and Canadian imports as well as older BBC and ITV produced content; whereas its Central European stations show large quantities of recent British television. Original sound tracks are provided on most shows which are dubbed.
On 14 September 2009, it was revealed that the international arm of CBS, CBS Studios International, struck a joint venture deal with Chellomedia to launch six CBS-branded channels in the UK during 2009. The new channels would replace Zone Romantica, Zone Thriller, Zone Horror and Zone Reality, plus timeshift services Zone Horror +1 and Zone Reality +1. On 1 October 2009, it was announced that CBS Reality, CBS Reality +1, CBS Drama and CBS Action would launch on 16 November 2009 replacing Zone Reality, Zone Reality +1, Zone Romantica and Zone Thriller.
On 5 April 2010, Zone Horror was rebranded as Horror Channel, following the rebrand of the portfolio's other three channels in November 2009. On-air the channel name appears as Horror. The rebrand was produced by Chello Zone's in-house creative services team.
On 28 October 2013, AMC Networks announced it would acquire Chellomedia (apart from its Benelux division) from Liberty Global, for around $1.04 billion. This acquisition was completed 11 February 2014.
- CBS Action (joint venture with CBS Studios International)
- CBS Drama (joint venture with CBS Studios International)
- CBS Europa (joint venture with CBS Studios International)
- CBS Reality (joint venture with CBS Studios International)
- CBS Reality +1 (joint venture with CBS Studios International)
- Extreme Sports Channel
- Horror Channel (joint venture with CBS Studios International)
- Outdoor Channel (joint venture with Outdoor Channel Holdings Inc.)
- MGM Channel EMEA
- Zone Club
- Zone Europa
- Zone Fantasy
- Zone Horror
- Zone Reality
- Zone Reality Extra
- Zone Reality +1
- Zone Romantica
- Zone Thriller
Zonemedia old logo
Logo of Chello Zone until Summer 2014
Logo of AMC Networks International
- "CBS FINALChello Zone partnership press release" (DOC). Chello Zone. 14 September 2009.
- "CBS to launch UK channels with Chellomedia". Broadcastnow. 14 September 2009.
- "CBS channels to launch in UK". Broadcastnow. 1 October 2009.
- "Zone Horror rebrands as Horror Channel". Broadband TV News. 31 March 2010.
- "UK's Zone Horror Reverting to Its Horror Channel Name". Dread Central. 31 March 2010.
- "CBS and Chellomedia take entertainment across EMEA". Broadband TV News. 1 August 2012.
- Chatterjee, Soham (28 October 2013). "AMC to buy most of Liberty Global's international content unit". Reuters. Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- Deadline.com: Chellomedia Rebranded As AMC Networks International
- BroadbandTVNews.com: Chellomedia to become AMC Networks International
- AMC Networks Press Release: AMC Networks Re-Brands Chellomedia to "AMC Networks International"
- "AMC Networks International – Zone". AMC Networks. 5 August 2014.
- "Chello Zone acquires WBITD content". C21 Media. 26 January 2009. Retrieved 20 December 2009.