|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Years active||2008–2015 (Hiatus)|
2AM (Korean: 투에이엠) is a South Korean boy group under JYP Entertainment, consisting of Jo Kwon, Lee Changmin, Lim Seulong and Jeong Jinwoon. It was one of the two subgroups split from the eleven-member boy band One Day, the other being 2PM. They officially debuted on July 11, 2008, on KBS's Music Bank, performing the song "This Song". They won their first Mutizen at Inkigayo on February 7, 2010, with "Can't Let You Go Even If I Die".
Along with the members of 2PM, 2AM's Seulong, Jokwon, Jinwoon appeared on the documentary Hot Blood that was aired on Mnet, documented their rigorous training program on their pre-debut days. Changmin was not in the documentary because he had not joined JYPE. Initially, Jinwoon was eliminated on Hot Blood, but he ended up in 2AM due to Daehun's withdrawal from JYPE.
2AM's first single, "이 노래 (This Song)", was released on July 21, 2008. It was followed a year later by "Time For Confession", on March 19, 2009, with "친구의 고백 (Confession of a Friend)". In January 2010 the band released the EP, "죽어도 못 보내" with "죽어도 못 보내 (Even If I Die I Can't Let You Go)" as the lead track. The EP featured four additional songs, three from their first and second singles and one new song titled "잘못했어 (I Was Wrong)", which was their promoted track.
Through June and July 2010, 2AM opened for Wonder Girls on the second leg of their Wonder Girls World Tour. They are also featured in Made in Wonder Girls. On October 26, 2010, 2AM released their first full-length album entitled Saint o'Clock, with "전활 받지 않는 너에게 (You Wouldn't Answer My Calls)" and "미친 듯이 (Like Crazy)" as the lead tracks.
2011-2012: Asian career
Following the Korean success of their 2010 album Saint o'Clock, the band released a Japanese version on November 9, 2011. On January 2012, they released their first Japanese single "Never Let You Go: Shindemo Hanasanai", a Japanese version of the band's Korean single, "Even if I Die, I Can't Let You Go (죽어도 못보내)." It successfully entered both Oricon Daily Chart and Weekly Chart in the top 3. They released their second Korean EP F.Scott Fitzgerald's Way Of Love and released the music video for the lead track of the album, "I Wonder If You Hurt Like Me". In January 2012 they toured Japan, becoming the first K-Pop idol group to perform at Tokyo Bunkamura Orchard Hall.
The band followed up with the release of their second Japanese single "Denwa ni Denai Kimi ni (You Wouldn't Answer My Calls)" in Japan on April 11. The song immediately debuted on Oricon Daily charts at fourth place. The release included the Japanese version of "You Wouldn’t Answer My Calls" and a cover Ken Hirai‘s "瞳をとじて (Close Your Eyes)."
In April 2012, 2PM and 2AM announced the release of the documentary film known as Beyond The One Day, in Japan. One Day refers to the group from which 2PM and 2AM both split. On April 13, they released the trailer for the film. This was followed up with the release of Japanese single for the theme song "One day". In September 2012, 2AM released the third Japanese single For You: Kimi no Tame ni Dekiru Koto" their first original in Japanese. The title track "For You~君のためにできること~" was selected as the theme song for Japanese TBS drama NEO Soumatou Company which premiered on July 16. In the same year, 2AM held their first Asia concert tour, visiting Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan and Malaysia. They recorded a Chinese version of the song "I Wonder If You Hurt Like Me (好痛) while Jokwon expressed some concerns about his pronunciation. It featured on the Asian version of their second EP F. Scott Fitzgerald's Way Of Love. In November 2012, prior to the concert in Japan, Seulong fractured a toe and performed in a wheelchair. The 4th Japanese single "Darenimo Watasenai Yo" was released in Japan on December 5, 2012.
2013-2015: One Spring Day and contractual issues
2AM released their first full-length Japan Album titled Voice on January 9, 2013. The album collected the tracks from their Japanese singles released to date and included four new songs; "First Love", "Pretty Girl", "愛の歌がRadioから", "無邪気な笑顔で" and Japanese version of "I Wonder If You Hurt Like Me~君も僕のように." On March 5, 2013, 2AM released their second full-length album, One Spring Day. The album, containing 9 tracks, is a collaboration with many artists, including pianist & composer Yiruma and Eptione Project. They also hosted SNL Korea on April 13, 2013. The band released their second EP, Nocturne, on November 19, 2013. The EP included 5 tracks. Due to member Jung Jinwoon's injury, 2AM did not promote the album on music programs.
Members Seulong, Jo Kwon, and Jinwoon all officially switched their contracts back to JYP Entertainment after their contracts with Big Hit Entertainment expired in April, while Changmin stayed with Big Hit due to his involvement with Homme. A new album, Let's Talk would be the first under JYP Entertainment, after releasing their previous albums with Big Hit Entertainment. Producer Park Jin Young composed several of the tracks, while the title song "Over The Destiny" was written for the group by Cho Kyumin. Days Like Today was released on October 27, followed by "Over The Destiny" on October 30, 2014.
In March 2015 Seulong and Jinwoon decided not to renew their contracts with JYP Entertainment and would sign to other agencies. While Changmin ended his contract in August 2015, JYP Entertainment assured that the departures did not mean 2AM was breaking up.
In April 2010, they participated in the original soundtrack of drama series Personal Taste with a ballad titled "바보처럼 (Like A Fool)", which also became a number one hit.
2AM was chosen to represent Asia on Listen Up! The Official 2010 Fifa World Cup Album with the song titled "No. 1". The song was digitally released on May 18, 2010. In October 2010, the band represented Korea and performed at the 7th Asia Song Festival, organised by Korea Foundation for International Culture Exchange, at the Seoul Olympic Stadium. In 2012 they were appointed as ambassadors for the 'World Conservation Congress’.
Members' activities outside of the group
Seulong and Jo Kwon featured in the episode "Dirty Eyed Girls" of 2PM's reality show Wild Bunny. Jo Kwon was paired with Brown Eyed Girls' member Son Ga-In as an imaginary married couple on We Got Married Season II. Seulong debuted as an actor in drama series Personal Taste, which aired on March 31, 2010. In June 2010, Seulong collaborated with IU for the song "잔소리 (Nagging)", which topped several online music charts.
In 2010, Jo Kwon became a permanent member of Family Outing Season 2. He was also cast in the upcoming MBC sitcom All My Love, which started airing on November 8, 2010.
On August 7, 2011, the song "You Walking Towards Me" composed by Jung Jinwoon was released as his first solo single by Big Hit Entertainment. This was followed by another two songs "Now or Never" and "Psycho". In 2012, he was cast in Dream High Season 2 where he played rocker Jin Yoo Jin. The drama aired on KBS2TV from January 30, 2012 to March 20, 2012. He also played Han Yeo-reum, a waiter with dreams of becoming a chef, in 2014 tvN drama Marriage not Dating.
- 2AM 1st Tour "Saint' O Clock" (2010-2011)
- 2AM "Come On Christmas" Concert (2011)
- 2AM 1st Japan Tour "Never Let You Go" (2012)
- 2AM 1st Asia Tour "The Way Of Love" (2012)
- 2AM 1st World Tour "Nocturne Symphony Of The Night" (2013)
|"What Should I Do"|
|"A Friend's Confession"|
|"Can't Let You Go Even If I Die"||2010||Hong Won-ki|
|"I Was Wrong"||Unknown|
|"You Wouldn't Answer My Calls"||Unknown|
|"Like Crazy"||Hong Won-ki|
|"I Wonder If You Hurt Like Me"||2012||Lee Gi-baek|
|"One Spring Day"||2013||Hong Won-ki|
|"Days Like Today"||2014||Unknown|
|"Over The Destiny"||Unknown|
|"You Wouldn't Answer My Calls"||2011||Hong Won-ki|
|"Never Let You Go: Shindemo Hanasanai"||2012||Lee Gi-baek|
|"Denwa ni Denai Kimi ni"|
|"One Day" (with 2PM)||Cho Su-hyun|
|"For You: Kimi no Tame ni Dekiru Koto"|
|"Darenimo Watasenai Yo"|
|"One Spring Day"||2013||Unknown|
|"Bye Bye"||2014||Igarashi Taku|
Awards and nominations
- "2AM Info" (in Korean). STAR NEWS. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- 2AM Profile. JPYE. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- 2AM ‘이노래’, 질러차트 2주째 1위. Paran. September 25, 2008.
- 2AM's Long Anticipated 2nd Single Released!. allkpop. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- "2AM, '유럽 거리의 반항아' 신곡 이미지 컷 공개 ". TVDaily.com. March 5, 2010.
- "Wonder Girls World Tour 2010 (2nd leg) - Facebook". facebook.com.
- "MADE IN WONDER GIRLS". Mnet.
- 2AM 조권 "10년을 기다렸다" 첫 정규앨범 발매. Newsen. October 26, 2010.
- "2AM to release Japanese debut single in January + announces hall tour". tokyohivev. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- "2AM announces their debut Japanese single and first tour in Japan". Asia Pacific Arts. October 17, 2011.
- "2AM Japanese Discography on Oricon" (in Japanese). Oricon. Retrieved January 11, 2013.
- "2AM Korean DISCO" (in Korean). Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- "2AM Japanese DISCO" (in Japanese). Retrieved December 11, 2012.
- 2Am products release info. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- 2PM & 2AM release trailer for documentary film ‘Beyond the Oneday’!.allkpop. Retrieved January 12, 2012.
- 2AM to hold Asia tour ‘The Way of Love’. Retrieved January 13, 2013
- 2AM訪台開唱 盼有機會離開酒店 . Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- 2AM′s Lim Seulong Performs in a Wheelchair for Japan. Retrieved January 13, 2013
- "2AM releases details and tracklist for anticipated return with 'One Spring Day'". allkpop. February 21, 2013.
- "2AM hosts the hottest show SNL Korea". yahoo sg entertainment. April 13, 2013.
- "2AM sets 'NOCTURNE' mini album release for November 19". allkpop. November 10, 2013.
- "2AM's Jo Kwon, Seulong, and Jinwoon to move their management to JYPE while Changmin remains with Big Hit". allkpop. April 8, 2014.
- "2AM To Release First Album Under JYP Entertainment In Late October". kpopstarz. October 17, 2014.
- "2AM Gets Nostalgic in 'Days Like Today' Teaser with Veteran Actor Park Young Ji". mnetamerica. October 22, 2014.
- "2AM Members Seulong, Jinwoon Leave JYP Entertainment, Group Reportedly Has No Plan To Officially Disband". kpopstarz. March 29, 2015.
- "JYP Entertainment confirms Changmin has left but assures 2AM have not disbandedd". kpopstarz. August 5, 2015.
- "2AM Saint o'clock: Discography". Big Hit Entertainment (in Korean). Retrieved October 28, 2010.
- 2AM ‘바보처럼’ 음악 차트 1위 등극, 이효리 10위 ↓. Newsen. May 4, 2010.
- 2AM, 월드컵 공식앨범 아시아 대표 'No.1'. Newsis. May 11, 2010.
- KOFICE 7th Asia Song Festival October 23, 2010. Retrieved October 12, 2011
- 2AM initiated as the ambassadors for ’2012 World Conservation Congress’. Retrieved January 13, 2013.
- Who is Son GaIn from dirty eyed girls?. Retrieved January 12, 2013
- "2AM 임슬옹, '개인의 취향'으로 연기자 데뷔". Paran. March 2, 2010.
- "아이유와 2AM 슬옹의 ‘잔소리’가 공개 직후 실시간 차트 1위를 차지하며 돌풍을 일으키고 있다.". Review Star. June 4, 2010.
- '패떴2' 일곱 번째 멤버…'깝권' 조권 확정 ETODAY. January 19, 2010.
- "조권-가인, 부부 아닌 남매되더니 뚝 떨어져 사진촬영". Newsen. October 20, 2010.
- I'm Da One. Retrieved January 13, 2013
- Changmin of 2AM will be quite busy for the time being in his latest venture: a musical.HanCinema. Retrieved January 13, 2013
- (Korean)26 years movie. "Daum". Retrieved November 10, 2012
- (Korean)김민종, 규현, Jun. K, 창민, 예은…뮤지컬 '삼총사' 캐스팅. Retrieved January 6, 2013
- 죽어도 못 보내 (in Korean). music.naver.com. Retrieved October 18, 2014.
- "2AM, FIFA 공식 월드컵송 'No.1' 뮤직비디오 공개" (in Korean). TV Daily. May 25, 2010. Retrieved October 18, 2014.
- "ミュージックビデオサーチ - Like Crazy" (in Japanese). Space Shower TV. Retrieved October 18, 2014.
- Evy J noh (May 9, 2014). "2AM I Wonder If You Hurt Like Me MV-1". Vimeo.com. Retrieved October 18, 2014.
- Zanybros (March 18, 2013). "2AM_ONE SPRING DAY". Vimeo.com. Retrieved October 18, 2014.
- Zanybros (December 26, 2013). "2AM_REGRET". Vimeo.com. Retrieved October 18, 2014.
- "ミュージックビデオサーチ - You Wouldn't Answer My Calls" (in Japanese). Space Shower TV. Retrieved October 18, 2014.
- "ミュージックビデオサーチ - Never let you go〜死んでも離さない〜" (in Japanese). Space Shower TV. Retrieved October 18, 2014.
- ミュージックビデオサーチ - 電話に出ない君に (in Japanese). Space Shower TV. Retrieved October 18, 2014.
- "ミュージックビデオサーチ - One Day" (in Japanese). Space Shower TV. Retrieved October 18, 2014.
- "ミュージックビデオサーチ - For you 〜君のためにできること〜" (in Japanese). Space Shower TV. Retrieved October 18, 2014.
- ミュージックビデオサーチ - 誰にも渡せないよ (in Japanese). Space Shower TV. Retrieved October 18, 2014.
- "ミュージックビデオサーチ - Bye Bye" (in Japanese). Space Shower TV. Retrieved October 18, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2AM.|