1996 Kids' Choice Awards
|9th Kids' Choice Awards|
|Date||May 11, 1996|
The 1996 Kids' Choice Awards occurred on May 11, 1996. The award show was held at Universal Studios in Universal City, California. Rosie O'Donnell and Whitney Houston served as hosts. Houston became the first celebrity to host more than one Kids' Choice Awards.
(winners shown in bold)
Favorite Movie Actor
- Jim Carrey – Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls as Ace Ventura and Batman Forever as the Riddler (Second time in a row)
- Tom Hanks – Apollo 13
- Robin Williams – Jumanji as Alan Parish
- Jonathan Taylor Thomas – Tom and Huck
Favorite Movie Actress
- Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen – It Takes Two as Amanda Lemmon and Alyssa Callaway
- Nicole Kidman – Batman Forever as Chase
- Alicia Silverstone – Clueless as Cher Horowitz
- Kirstie Alley – It Takes Two as Diane Barrows
NOTE: Favorite TV Show is totally skipped for the ceremony.
NOTE: The first time Rugrats won instead of Doug, who got a nomination instead of winning it from the previous awards.
Favorite Television Actor
- Tim Allen – Home Improvement
- Jaleel White – Family Matters
- Will Smith – The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- Martin Lawrence – Martin
Favorite Television Actress
- Tia Mowry and Tamera Mowry – Sister, Sister
- Tatyana Ali – The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- Queen Latifah – Living Single
- Roseanne – Roseanne
Favorite Video Game
- Donkey Kong Country
- Ms. Pac-Man
- Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose!
- X-Men: Children of the Atom