1619 in literature
This article presents lists of the literary events and publications in 1619.
- March – Following the death of Richard Burbage, his place as the star of the King's Men in London is filled by Joseph Taylor.
- April – Ben Jonson visits Scottish poet William Drummond of Hawthornden.
- c. October – Following the death of Samuel Daniel in Somerset, his place as Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of England is filled by Ben Jonson.
- René Descartes has a dream that helps him develop his ideas on analytical geometry.
- William Jaggard and Thomas Pavier publish the so-called False Folio, a collection of Shakespearean and pseudo-Shakespearean plays mostly with false imprints and dates, in London.
- Johannes Valentinus Andreae
- Reipublicae Christianopolitanae descriptio
- Turris Babel
- Jacob Boehme – De Tribus Principiis (On the Three Principles of Divine Being)
- Philipp Clüver
- Sardinia et Corsica Antiqua
- Siciliae Antique libri duo
- Robert Fludd – Utriusque Cosmi...Historia, Tomi Secundi (The History of the Two Worlds, Volume 2)
- Johannes Kepler – Harmonices Mundi (an attack on Fludd's Neoplatonist cosmology)
- John Pitseus – De Illustribus Angliae scriptoribus
- Paolo Sarpi – History of the Council of Trent
- John Taylor – A Kicksey Winsey, or, A Lerry Come-Twang
- Anonymous – Two Wise Men and All the Rest Fools (published)
- Beaumont and Fletcher
- Gerbrand Adriaensz Bredero – De Klucht van de koe; Stommen ridder
- John Fletcher – The Humorous Lieutenant
- Fletcher and Philip Massinger – Sir John van Olden Barnavelt
- Lope de Vega – Fuente Ovejuna (published)
- Thomas Middleton – The Masque of Heroes
Main article: 1619 in poetry
- George Wither – Fidelia
- March 6 – Cyrano de Bergerac, French soldier and poet (died 1655)
- June 24 – Rijcklof van Goens, Governor-General of the Dutch East Indies 1678–81 and travel writer (died 1682)
- November 7 – Gédéon Tallemant des Réaux, French biographer (died 1692)
- December 28 – Antoine Furetière, French satirist (died 1688)
- Unknown date
- Shalom Shabazi, Jewish Yemeni poet (died 1720)
- Probable year of birth
- February 19 – Lucilio Vanini, Italian philosopher (born 1585)
- March 13 – Richard Burbage, English actor and theatre proprietor (born c. 1567)
- October 14 – Samuel Daniel, English Poet Laureate and historian (born 1562)
- October 18 – Petrus Gudelinus, Dutch jurist (born 1550)
- Probable year of birth – Ginés Pérez de Hita, Spanish novelist and poet (born c. 1544)
- "René Descartes". Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy.